CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 04-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
Mike Burgener

Profile:
i am not sure there has already been a name established for this but just in case we call it the sage: 50 kg snatch x 10, 15 pull ups, 20 x thrusters with 75 lbs. cody and the assistant strength coach at ucsd john k did this today--- 5 rounds....cody's time: 25:02, john's time: 30:12. tough workout and sage is a real hard core young lady!!!http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/24/9613.jpghttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/24/9614.jpg
Old 04-23-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
Looks Sage is a force to be reckoned with, Coach! Watch out guys!
Old 04-23-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
James R. Climer

Profile:
Coach, I gotta ask after doing 75# kettlebell SQUAT snatches during Josh Everett's chipper WOD last summer, only to learn I should've done a power snatch, did they do power snatches or squat snatches?

PS-that Cody sure likes to lay on the Gym floor a lot. Or is it that you like seeing him that way? Seriously tough love.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:05 PM   #4
Mike Burgener

Profile:
pwr snatches....or if they miss the pwr snatch it becomes a snatch!!! i like seeing my son work that hard...he is a tough cookie and gives it his all....actually notice that rocky (the lab) is checking in on him to make sure he is alright!!! and who says baseball players do not train hard??!!! cody jacked one out in his game on friday!!! crossfit rules and makes bb athletes very, very, powerful.....AND in shape!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 12:36 AM   #5
Pat Janes

Profile:

If I'm doing 5 rounds x 10x50kg snatches, they're going to be "get it up there any way you can" snatches. Even then, it'll take a while.

This is going to end up on the front page someday soon. I can feel it...
Old 04-24-2005, 01:12 PM   #6
James R. Climer

Profile:
It looks like Rocky has found himself a salt lick. Sage looks tough on paper (thanks for 20 thrusters instead of 21), and from the looks of the two tough guys I'm wondering why, but I'm gonna try this.

Hey I'll be playing some slo-pitch this summer, the first time in 10 years, maybe I'll have a little more power now, but I really just want to run in the outfield like I used to. Like a lot of the oldsters discovering CF.com, I wish this was around when I was a teenager.

Not meaning to place any blame, but my dad was a good athlete, but not a very patient teacher and I was a bit of a bullhead to boot. Cody sure is a lucky kid.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #7
Mike Burgener

Profile:
thanks for the nice words james!! i am not sure cody would echo your sentiments...especially at the time of that pix!! you should contact my son beau...triple_b09@ yahoo.com beau is at cal poly slo and is doing xfit with nick massman. beau is a very good oly lifter and a good teacher. beau has been up for adoption at times...(sounds like you), but all in all i am very proud of him and what he is doing. if you are in this area feel free to train here. that pix of you and yours reminds me of my days when i was 40ish!!!! god...that was a very long time ago!!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 09:50 PM   #8
John Kaupp

Profile:
Sage is tough, as advertised. I thought the snatches would be the easy part starting out. 50kgx10, shouldn't be that hard especially being able power snatch, was what I thought to myself. Not so. At SDSU, we don't let our athletes bend over or sit down during a workout, but I couldn't help it, Sage beat me down. I was actually going up to Coach's that day with Fight Gone Bad in mind but Coach beat me to the punch with Sage.
Thanks Coach.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #9
James R. Climer

Profile:
The picture reminds me of the Greek story of Milo carrying around a calf every day as it grew to full grown and increased in strength accordingly. Maybe 20 rep squats holding them like that daily or something.

Thanks for the invite, I will be visiting Nick Massman in the morning and ask about Beau.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #10
James R. Climer

Profile:
John, I just set the garage up for Sage and tossed the 110# up for a try on the power snatch.....and I thought "uh oh better let the Golden Retreiver in for some elctrolytes when I'm done with this one" I don't have bumpers yet so no tossing the bar down either. 5 rounds is gonna be the Hades Marathon for me.