CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 09-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Theodore Johnson

Profile:
getting started on training for competition

I want to get started in training to compete in crossfit, what do you guys do for daily routines? Do you guys isolate any muscle groups or do you just do wods and how many a day do you do? I have been doing crossfit for awhile now so I am not new to it, but I need to up my intensity. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks Kyle
Old 09-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #2
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: getting started on training for competition

Where are you at in terms of times on the benchmark workouts? What are your lift numbers? what are your weaknesses?

The best strategy is going to be to look at others who placed well in regionals and at the games, compare your numbers to theirs, and focus on improving the areas where you don't measure up. Since we are in "off season" you could probably do with only 1 metcon workout a day, in addition to a separate strength (c&j, snatch, squat, deadlift, press; I highly doubt isolation work is going to do you much good in cf competition) and skill sessions 3-5 times a week. As we head toward competition season, you would then start to up your volume to multiple metcons within a day.