CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #91
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:
Re: new years challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Apollo View Post
Day 25,26,27, & 28 - pull ups/ burpups +50, +52, +54, +56 = 812 total

great job steve! you are kicking behind. how does your body feel? sorry i haven't been keeping up. i was busy with my kids over the past few days.

i ended up throwing my back out last saturday doing the CFT. it was on the last set and i was stoked cause i already went over 1000lbs. legit. since i was doing so good i decided to put on 425 for my deadlift. i had the weight moving then half way up my form broke down, my lower back curved. and something popped. i could barely catch my breath. so back to ibuprofen and ice. good news is that it feels alot better today. i am surprised i am healing as quick as i have been. i guess its cause i am in better shape then i have been since high school. i still want ot finish this challenge, but i might have to weight a few days.
Thanks Ted! Body feels great.....and I think the burp-ups have really been beneficial for my endurance. It's coming up slowly but surely.

I'm so sorry to hear about your back. Congrats on the AWESOME CFT! As for finishing the Challenge, your health is much more important - - Take your time......the burpups will wait for you. 425 is a fantastic DL - - you'll hit it in no time.

Take care!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #92
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

New Year's Challenge....

Missed the following dates for this challenge in January:

25th = Day 25 X 2 Burpups = 50
27th = Day 27 x 2 Burpups = 54
29th = Day 29 X 2 Burpups = 58
30th = Day 30 X 2 Burpups = 60
31st = Day 31 X 2 Burpups = 62
Total Burpups Owed for challenge = 286

We were out of town (no time or place to work out available) for a few days, so planning on catching up this week or early next.....
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #93
Ted Apollo

Profile:

nice job steve! way too finish the challenge strong. how do you feel overall? last time i did this challenge i felt great.

my back is feeling better now and i plan on picking this challenge back up soon. i was suprised i hurt my back at 425 since i used to go way heavier when i used straps. ussually my grip gives out before my back. but i think lack of sleep (newborn at home) and bad nutrition contributed.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #94
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Apollo View Post
nice job steve! way too finish the challenge strong. how do you feel overall? last time i did this challenge i felt great.

my back is feeling better now and i plan on picking this challenge back up soon. i was suprised i hurt my back at 425 since i used to go way heavier when i used straps. ussually my grip gives out before my back. but i think lack of sleep (newborn at home) and bad nutrition contributed.
Hi Ted!

Well.....actually I didn't finish yet. We took our daughter to Disneyland over the last weekend (made a four-dayer out of it), so now that I'm back, it's payback time......Do we charge interest on challenges?

Congrats on the newborn...I didn't know. That's simply awesome! Glad to hear your back is feeling better. As for the nutrition, I've been struggling the last two weeks or so and realized that rather than trying to tweak something which already seemed to be working (and since I don't really possess enough working knowledge on how to change my diet for strength gains) I should just stick to it.

BTW.....sent you a PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #95
Wes Palmer

Profile:

Ted where you been?