CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
Scott Hagnas

Profile:
I want to thank everyone who came out to the CrossFit Portland grand opening! I had a great time meeting other Crossfitters from around the area. As Joe has mentioned in the comments section, the CrossFit family really is something special, and much more than a training program.

Special thanks to Coach and Lauren for making the trip up and making all of this possible. I really also appreciate the support of everyone else from outside of the area that made the journey up or down I-5 to support us. You guys are great.

Now, after a day of recovery - time to get back at it!!

Scott Hagnas
CrossFit Portland
Old 08-23-2005, 08:24 AM   #2
Gabe Rinaldi

Profile:
Congrats...any photos?
Old 08-23-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
Scott Hagnas

Profile:
Well... I had a camera there, but I was so busy talking to everyone that I forgot to pull it out!

I think Lauren took some pictures, though.

Scott Hagnas
Old 08-23-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
Tom Corrigan

Profile:
Scott,
I am SO SORRY (and ****ed) that I couldn't make it down for the Grand opening! My wife is away visiting firends in Florida and I am stuck at home, nursing my puppy, who is recovering from pnemonia. I need to give him medicines every 3-4 hrs, let him rest, feed him many small meals so he won't throw up, and feed him water by hand (the only way he'll take it). Needless to say I have my hands too full to come down.

BUT, I would love to come down and maybe we could talk about a KB seminar about incorporating them into people's WODs. Please email me at kbfiremantom@yahoo.com and we can throw some ideas around.

Congrats on the opening!

Tom
Old 08-23-2005, 10:59 PM   #5
Carrie Klumpar

Profile:
Thanks for the hospitality, Scott. It's quite a space, and you've clearly got a great group of folks on board already.

The people of Portland are lucky to have you there. Onward!
Old 08-24-2005, 08:04 PM   #6
Tom Whalen

Profile:
Scott, it was a pleasure meeting and working out w/ you, the CF Portland crew, and guests. Keep up the good work!