CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Matthew Regusci
Member Matthew Regusci is offline
 
Matthew Regusci's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: arroyo grande  ca
Posts: 21
I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

I dreamed of two girls and I'm having a hard time remembering the last time that happened where I was frightened!

I just started with WOD and I performed Barbara on Monday and Nancy yesterday. Last night I dreamed that I was performing those two girls.

I am mentally performing the WOD in my sleep!

Has this ever happened to you?
__________________
Shoot for the moon, if you miss you still will be among the stars
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Christin Street
Member Christin Street is offline
 
Christin Street's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta  Ga
Posts: 3,826
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

Hilarious post! Hasn't happened to me but I do often dream that I can do kipping pull-ups (like 30 in a row) and the next morning I realize it's just a dream!
__________________
My Workout Log Fifty doesn't have to be an f-word.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #3
Mark E. Wallace
Member Mark E. Wallace is offline
 
Mark E. Wallace's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cedar Park  TX
Posts: 3,869
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

I can't say that that has ever happened to me.

What I can say is that I shared a video with a a non Crossfitter friend of mine of Annie and Nicole doing one of the WODs (Nasty Girls, I think). His first reaction was that he wanted to "do" Annie and Nicole. His second reaction was a retraction of his first after realizing that Annie is also a WOD and that Nicole probably will be someday.

I think he figured out quickly that trying to "do" either the WOD or human forms of either Annie or Nicole would most likely just result in him seriously getting his azz kicked.

- Mark
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
Matthew Regusci
Member Matthew Regusci is offline
 
Matthew Regusci's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: arroyo grande  ca
Posts: 21
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

I woke up and my body was relieved it was all just a dream and today is a break!
__________________
Shoot for the moon, if you miss you still will be among the stars
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Júlíus Magnússon
Departed Júlíus Magnússon is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
 
Posts: 1,282
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
I can't say that that has ever happened to me.

What I can say is that I shared a video with a a non Crossfitter friend of mine of Annie and Nicole doing one of the WODs (Nasty Girls, I think). His first reaction was that he wanted to "do" Annie and Nicole. His second reaction was a retraction of his first after realizing that Annie is also a WOD and that Nicole probably will be someday.

I think he figured out quickly that trying to "do" either the WOD or human forms of either Annie or Nicole would most likely just result in him seriously getting his azz kicked.

- Mark
Isn't Nicole the running and max pull-ups WOD?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
Mark E. Wallace
Member Mark E. Wallace is offline
 
Mark E. Wallace's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cedar Park  TX
Posts: 3,869
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Júlíus Magnússon View Post
Isn't Nicole the running and max pull-ups WOD?
Could be. I'm still new to this stuff, so all I really know right now is stuff from the main site. In this case, my lack of knowledge about a Nicole WOD is due to not seeing one listed in the Crossfit Video Menu on the Crossfit home page. I didn't really look around for one beyond that.

- Mark
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #7
Shane Skowron
Member Shane Skowron is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Queens  NY
Posts: 3,800
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Could be. I'm still new to this stuff, so all I really know right now is stuff from the main site. In this case, my lack of knowledge about a Nicole WOD is due to not seeing one listed in the Crossfit Video Menu on the Crossfit home page. I didn't really look around for one beyond that.

- Mark

All the Girls and the Heroes are on the FAQ page.

Nicole is
Run 400 meters
Max rep Pull-ups
As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes. Note number of pull-ups completed for each round.

Attempting Nicole is like putting a plastic bag over your head...pullups after a run feels like suffocation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
Mark E. Wallace
Member Mark E. Wallace is offline
 
Mark E. Wallace's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cedar Park  TX
Posts: 3,869
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Skowron View Post
All the Girls and the Heroes are on the FAQ page.
Nuts. I missed that. Thanks!

Quote:
Attempting Nicole is like putting a plastic bag over your head...pullups after a run feels like suffocation.
That's harsh. Thankfully, my max reps pullups is still zero.

- Mark
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:22 AM   #9
Rollo Hilbery
Departed Rollo Hilbery is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 1970
 
Posts: 81
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Hilarious post! Hasn't happened to me but I do often dream that I can do kipping pull-ups (like 30 in a row) and the next morning I realize it's just a dream!

I dreamt the other night that i was doing countless ring dip and muscle ups. I was there thinking damn i'm good at this it doesn't even hurt!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
Matthew Regusci
Member Matthew Regusci is offline
 
Matthew Regusci's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: arroyo grande  ca
Posts: 21
Re: I had a dream, or was it a nightmare?

Rollo, so true. You have the feeling of completed an exercise without the pain!

If only my dreams helped me build muscle and lose weight.
__________________
Shoot for the moon, if you miss you still will be among the stars
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dream Workout Barry Cooper Workout of the Day 1 03-11-2008 03:41 PM
Fast Food Nightmare Kevin Hughes Nutrition 18 03-21-2007 08:02 PM
Making the dream a reality! Jeff Chapman Running a CrossFit Facility 18 02-08-2007 11:14 AM
My Dream Ryan Sears Running a CrossFit Facility 4 11-01-2006 02:58 PM
Crossfit Dream House Hollis Petri Equipment 6 11-24-2004 04:29 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 PM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.