CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-31-2004, 02:56 PM   #1
tim

Profile:  
guys i cant seem to get it in my head that i should stop my normal weights training and change completly to crossfit i do so crossfit and i know the work outs are hard but can some one that started the same way tell me how they made their minds up to drop their normals wieght and begin crossfit i just feel i might miss somthing by getting rid of my weights i am reddy to see the light thnaks guys
Old 08-31-2004, 04:03 PM   #2
Graham Hayes

Profile:
Once upon a time a wealthy father gave his three sons some money and sent them on there way to do as they please with it. The two wise ones invested all there money and later got much greater rewards back. The foolish son jealously guarded every penny and refused to give it up...I'm sure you've heard that story before.

I dropped all other programs to check it out for 5 weeks while I was on holiday, that was enough evaluation for me to realise that what I was doing before was childs play. I had known about Crossfit for some time before and my workouts were getting more Crossfit-esqe, but the real deal is nothing but awesome and the rewards keep coming.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:10 PM   #3
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Tim,

I can tell you I've just realized I need to jump in with both feet, and consider my failure to do so until now a mistake. I've done a ton of WOD, but I've been mixing it--especially in the last few months--with some pure weight workouts, for probably essentially the same reason as you. My new strategy is to stick as close to the exact schedule as I can, and do supplemental weight work, like speed Benches, speed pullups, Snatches, etc. but only after doing the WOD as written.

I had a lousy day today, and in the past I would have thoroughly enjoyed taking out my aggressions on some heavy weights. However, I decided to stick to my plan. I do get to do some deadlifts tomorrow, though. I often set PR's when I'm ****ed off about something.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
Robert Wolf

Profile:
12 step program.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #5
Jeff Martin

Profile:
I have a partner I have been training with a couple of times a week for a few years. He has continued to do his normal running and weight training as well as the CrossFit with me twice a week. I posted my progress over the past 8 months of CrossFit in the testimonial section. He has made NO! progress (yes I am shouting).