CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #381
Grace Patenaude

Profile:
Re: AllisonNYC

Allison,

The Ring Dips weren't happening on my CFWU today. So, I kinda subbed it to psuedo L-sits just because that's what my body was trying to do. No neuromuscular connection whatsoever!

I'll try it again tomorrow on rest day. Thanks again.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #382
Jeremy Austin

Profile:

Well you are welcome to the Gold Coast anytime. What are the chanes of getting a Crossfit Black Box T-shirt?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #383
Allison Bishop

Profile:

Hey Jeremy: I think the Black Box has a cafe press account that you can choose a shirt or other stuff and have it sent to you. I posted a link to it in my log somewhere.

I'm in such a funk. I feel really down in the dumps. I'm not sure why but I just can't shake it. This is like the third day.

I'm normally really happy but something just feels off.

Maybe it has something to do with not working out as much lately. I think I may be addicted to exercise. Really. Can that happen?

I haven't felt like this once since starting CrossFit. I feel like a slug. No energy. Maybe the only way to get my energy back is to push myself to move.

I'm going to go smile at myself in the mirror and do some kettlebell swings.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #384
Gina Johnson

Profile:

Allison, you'll snap out of it. Sounds like a little pms to me. You don't usually go through some mood swings and such? And why haven't you been working out? Is it that you're not motivated lately? It actually sounds all normal to me . I get hormonal for about a few days out of the month, irritable, down in the dumps, sad, highly emotional, insanely hungry, you know, the 'normal' stuff we women have to endure. But I just know it's coming and I know it'll pass. I don't let it get the best of me. It's weird though cuz you may have never gone through pms before and now you suddenly don't feel yourself. It's enough to drive ya nuts!

But if you continue to feel that way, it may be something else, diet, chemical imbalance

hopefully the kettlebells will release some happy hormones (endorphyans) keep us posted
Old 02-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #385
Michael Manseau

Profile:

You might want to try vitamin D if your not taking it already. I would suggest chocolate but I don't want the Zone Gods banning me
Old 02-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #386
Gina Johnson

Profile:

just the mere thought of chocolate makes me happy
Old 02-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #387
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Funny, I have the opposite reaction. Chocolate pretty much freaks me out now.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #388
Evan Torrens

Profile:

Hey Allison whats up? IF your still feeling down try playing some good music or search youtube for videos of a laughing baby...also you may need to eat more fruits...especially in the morning...just how your muscle needs protein...your brain needs sugars...alot of depression leads from bad diet and most doctors are quick to prescribe a pill (mask the problem) rather than prevent it......and if none of that works, you can hang out with me...im always having fun and try to stay away from negative people....negativity is the worst sickness you can catch...also could be the winter blues this time of year in the city I always feel like quiting my job and moving some where warm....but it will pass....

p.s.- I just saw your page on the main crossfit page...so add me....my main pic is a big bunny..profile name "FRAME"....k peace kid
Old 02-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #389
Karin Jonczak

Profile:

You have been doing a lot in the past month, maybe its just a little overtraining?

I know its hard to back off (I hate it), but maybe you just need a few 'down' days?

KK
Old 02-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #390
Allison Bishop

Profile:

21 unbroken OHS with 85#

in brookyln no warm up or anything. just figured i'd give it a try.

this was my 3rd time doing OHS that i can remember. once for Nancy. once for the workout demo of fran with ohs instead of thrusters - 21, 15 and 9 with 65# all unbroken.

way off of bodyweight for 15 reps but i think i can do it in the future. for now i just have to get comfortable with it and practice jerking heavier weights overhead from the back.

i also noticed that the faster i did them the easier they felt. the slow ones felt shakey. they also got easier after about 7 reps until the very end. i guess i got a tiny bit warmed up.

squishy sneakers really don't help. i thought that was bs when i first started lifting anything. now i know it makes a diference.

i'm going to start doing ohs in my warm up.

i need to do a 1rm too. i've never done any kind of max with the ohs