CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
Bobby Nauss

Profile:
Was thinking about getting this for my wife because she drives so much, but just heard about XM and Sirius merging. Does anyone subscribe and have you heard how all this will work? I don't want to get her one right now and have to upgrade or something in a month when the merge actually takes place.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:01 AM   #2
Steve Sheffar

Profile:
Heard on the radio that there is gonna be a merger. Waiting on regulatory approval. I would wait.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
Wayne Sauve

Profile:
Bobby

I subscribe, as does my wife. Each with a receiver in our car. It is awesome. Way better than standard FM radio.

I cant see the merge effecting any hardware in the coming months. If anything, maybe more programs coming.

With that said, I say do not wait.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
Steve Sheffar

Profile:
after reading this article I have to adree with Wayne. If you wait to ensure you get the up to date receiver that will allow the signal to be delivered from either provider. Keep in mind that as competition decreases prices increase.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070220.wxmsirius0220/BNStor y/Business/home

Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
Chris Lampe

Profile:
I subscribed to XM Radio for a year and wasn't too happy with it. They may have had over 100 channels but they only had about FIVE that I actually liked. I'm a big fan of 80's music and their 80's selection tended toward obscure stuff that didn't receive much radio air time in the 80's and most importantly, their main 80's DJ (and their main attraction from the way they promoted her) was Heidi Selexa who is arguably the most annoying person on the face of this planet.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
I have been a Sirius subscriber for about a year and a half and I love it. If your into sports it's the way to go, and the music channels are great. I actually put it in my patrol vehicle because I drive it more than my personal car, and travel up and down the State in it (not constantly trying to find good stations anymore!). As far as the merger goes I also agree do it now. Sirius is clearly the leader right now in programming and I suspect this merger is taking place because of it. If and when the merger takes place I am sure it will be fairly seamless, so you should be good. Go for it, you'll love it.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
Oh and customer service! Great customer service if you have any issues. It sure as @&#^% beats DirecTV in that department!!!! (rant)
Old 02-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
Sam Lepore

Profile:
Go with Sirius. You will love it. When the merger happens it will not be a problem.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
Bobby Nauss

Profile:
Thanks for the info...

Any thoughts on which system to get? Something kind of middle of the road. She doesn't need anything too high speed.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Besides my gym fee, Sirius is the only other bill I don't mind paying each month. Well, well worth the 12-13 bucks a month. Once you convert to satellite, you'll never go back to terrestrial. Just too many choices, without the commercials.