CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Garrett Cunningham

Profile:
N.O. Explode????

Hey i just picked up this stuff at GNC the other day and its called N.O. EXPLODE, by BSN finish first??? i dont know if thats the right brand or not. I've only used it once and it seemed to help. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever used or heard of it. Problems, Concerns, Benifits ETC.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Ryan Earle

Profile:
Re: N.O. Explode????

Previous thread results: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=8801 (WFS)

Google Results: XPLODE site:crossfit.com http://www.google.com/search?q=XPLOD...ient=firefox-a (WFS)

I have taken it before -- I think it is basically like drinking 2 to 3 cups of coffee (depending on how many scopes you use) and a little creatine before working out.

Apparently a few games people used it.

I don't expect it to be very popular here because I am pretty sure it is 100% chemicals, nothing natural.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #3
Christie Warner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Cunningham View Post
Hey i just picked up this stuff at GNC the other day and its called N.O. EXPLODE, by BSN finish first??? i dont know if thats the right brand or not. I've only used it once and it seemed to help. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever used or heard of it. Problems, Concerns, Benifits ETC.
I've used it before, but I stopped using it just because of the way it made my heart jitter uncontrollably. I found that to be very distracting during a circuit. Not to mention, I had horrible crashes afterward, which is to be expected with something like that. Once I increased my fat intake and caloric intake, I had much more energy in the gym and found that I didn't need any artificial boost. So, IMO...I wouldn't use it on a regular basis, but if you absolutely need a boost and you've had no negative effects from using it, I'd say give it a shot. I know a couple of people who use it regularly and are fine.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
James Forshaw

Profile:

About three years ago, I took a dose of NO explode on the advice of a friend. I found myself with incredible jitters, extreme restlessness and I could feel and practically hear my own heart beating. There's no way I'd ever risk doing a metcon under the influence of that stuff - the possibilities are far too frightening IMHO.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
Adam Acosta

Profile:

I know people that swear by this stuff, but count me in the "I'd rather not risk it" boat. Ephedra certainly boosted some performances back in the day, but it also killed a few athletes before it was made illegal. If your goal is performance at all costs, try it and see how it works for you. If your goal is optimal health and longevity, you're probably best off not using it.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Try a cup of cofffe before working out (or enough coffee to get an affect from it). If that helps you, NOExplode will most likely help you, if doesn't not, then NOXplode most likely won't.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
Joey Lajoie

Profile:

I agree about the coffee. A cup of coffee an hour before working out is the best pre-workout energy supplement there is.

There is way too much going on in N.O explode to make me think it is in any way healthy. I used to use it back in my "bodybuilding" days. The first time I thought it was amazing, after a couple of uses I found it did absolutely nothing for me.

IMO it is a huge waste of money. If you want something that is going to boost your performance in the gym. Drink a cup of coffee before going and drink your whole milk after.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Coffee messes me up for training.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #9
matthew maclaren lawson

Profile:

I used to "dose" every lifting day with NO Explode. I think, for me at least, it was more about routine.

I can only do it on lifting days. I do it for something like Fran and i feel like my heart will YES Explode.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
Jeremiah Sites

Profile:

N.O. works well for energy, recovery, vascularity ( if that matters to you ) but also makes you feel like you're about to have a heart attack the first few times you take it, plus its $50 bucks a bottle. I take a supplment called REPS made by supplement direct ( http://supplementdirect.com/reps39servpwiblznbb.aspx ) its $10 a bag and is very well made. They make a version w no caffeine as well if you are sensitive. For me it helps me mentally prepare for the workout I am about to do after sitting at my desk for 8 hours.