CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 12-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Bill Reimer

Profile:
Brand New

Hey Guys I am brand new to this thing I have heard about it a lot from friends. I am in ROTC at the University of Illinois and a lot of the Marine Options do this or something similar to it. I am not a marine option nor am I ever going to be when I graduate I will be in the Navy but I want to improve my PRT scores and just be overall in better fitness and health. I started out yesterday doing a scaled WOD and I can tell already this is going to be good. I don't have a gym at home but there is a gym on campus that I can use and their equipment is very very limited and a lot of people are always there so I am going to start making my own at home gym but that will be a project for a time when I am not in college and flat broke. I also know that my gym has very strict rules about exercises like cleans and other crazy things that I have seen so I may not be able to do everything all the time. Hopefully all ends up well for me. I also am looking to eventually run a marathon I want to try and do that before the end of my life in college and in the spring I plan on running a half marathon. I have run 10ks and 5ks before so I am working up to that distance.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #2
Matth Challoner

Profile:
Re: Brand New

to the boards Bill

I suggest you read the FAQs and the sticky at the top of this forum, if you havent already.

Also for your running you might want to check out crossfit endurance.

Good Luck!