CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #31
Greg Pellegrini

Profile:
Re: New Reebok Crossfit Store

Now I'm wondering if people are more upset about the prices or the fact that the store and its items have changed.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #32
Alex Keller

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Vechet View Post
For what it's worth: I just looked at the first page of the men's apparel, and none of it said it was "Made in USA."

And also; what lasts longer, workout clothing or workout equipment? Since this is clearly a fashion statement, and fashions come and go, I do not see this lasting that long. Barbells and plates, on the other hand, have lasted for who knows how long.
Yeah, I know its not "Made in USA" now, I was just saying that might win them some customers. My "bombproof and in America" line was slightly tongue in cheek, as Reebok almost certainly won't do that for 2 reasons 1) Too expensive and 2)Making a long-lasting piece of clothing would reduce their repeat sales! And the shirt could be out of fashion well before it wears out.

But concerning longevity, I will be beyond satisfied if my lululemon pants last 5 years. And they cost a hell of a lot less than barbells and plates. As with everything, it depends on each individual's priorities.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #33
Bob Cieszkowski

Profile:

I own a pair or Reebok running shorts that my wife bought for me a few years ago (don't know what she paid, but she wouldn't have paid $60) and they're easily my favorite shorts for a workout.

Comfort and durability are top-notch. They have taken on quite a smell though. Once they get sweaty they're pretty gnarly.

As good as they are I wouldn't pay $60 for them.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #34
Jason Denny

Profile:

Think "MMA" or "Tapout". That is the future I see with that line of clothing. So sad really, I really liked the old designs. What a waste.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #35
Steve Bray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Pellegrini View Post
Now I'm wondering if people are more upset about the prices or the fact that the store and its items have changed.
im more annoyed that theyre selling "crossfit" clothing without having crossfit on the cothing. if them plain jumpers said crossfit forging elite fitness on it with a couple cool graphics on them then i would pay the price. but a plain grey jumper with a tiny as logo on it that no one no where knows. **** that.
|Deadlift 220kgs|Strict press 75kgs|squat 162.5kgs|pullups 67|477 double unders|26rounds cindy| 2:28 Fran|6:08 annie|12 rnd NATE|full snatch 95kg|C+J 110kg|
Old 07-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #36
ScottBanks

Profile:

I miss the cool designs and great prices. Some can say it's a sell out move (I agree) but crossfit is a company so there might be a reason for going to reebok. It use to be that crossfit was the "Black Sheep" of fitness and that pulled a lot of people to the gritty side of fitness, where it should be.
I support and defend the "CrossFit Method" but not the Company.
I am CF1 and lift regularly, I use the Girls occationally to mix up my routine, but these prices at the new store are crazy so I will not be supporting the CF store anytime soon.

my gym fashion (on sale/ clearence)
Hanes cotton beefy t-shirt $4.99 or dry fit $14.99
Champion shorts $6.99
basic socks $8.99 for 6 pairs
Chucks $35.00

Thanks for reading my 2 cents.

I feel this is the way of the "New CrossFit"
Old 07-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #37
TB

Profile:

Rip Off if you live in Canada !

So I order 3 t-shirts b/c I'm a fool @ $28 a piece, shipping is $25 and when Fedex arrives at my door they want another $38 for duty charges !!! I said no and to send it back !

$63 just in shipping for t-shirts is ridiculous !! never again
Old 07-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #38
Michael Dowling

Profile:

this topic reminds me of when a really great underground band finally breaks and all the people who got in the door early calls them sell outs and no longer follows them. CF was cool because it wasn't mainstream, the "reebok CF store" is officially the end of that era and people resent it.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #39
Matt Thomas

Profile:

Eh. Not really.

http://shopcrossfitreebok.com/mens-1...ant-black.html (WFS)

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...nt/1000431-025 (WFS)

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?cp=U...12/pgid-331212 (WFS)

This is my problem. What's so great about the CF pants? Seems to me like the only thing so great about them is that they're "CrossFit" pants. Which is not enough to warrant double the price tag.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #40
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Dowling View Post
this topic reminds me of when a really great underground band finally breaks and all the people who got in the door early calls them sell outs and no longer follows them. CF was cool because it wasn't mainstream, the "reebok CF store" is officially the end of that era and people resent it.
hit the nail on the head.