CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #11
Kenneth Urakawa

Profile:
Many thanks Eugene!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #12
Jerry Hill

Profile:
Eugene,
You've got mail...

Simply amazing!

Thanks again,
Jerry
Old 03-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #13
Jesse Woody

Profile:
Mike, the only thing missing that I had in my presentation is the David Belle video from the movie Banelieu 13 which is an excellent example. If you check Google video and search for "David Belle" you will find the clip that I used. Otherwise, it is copywritten, and I'd hate to get Eugene or Coach in trouble for featuring it in the notes ;)
Old 03-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #14
Mike Minium

Profile:
Thanks for the tip, Jesse.

I think I found it, no?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7834855742079548500&q=David+Belle

Mike

Old 03-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #15
Jesse Woody

Profile:
That's it exactly. Enjoy!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #16
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
You bet Doug, post away. The notes are for distribution to as many eyes as we can get them in front of. For the dozen or so of you that have already sent me your addresses, your disks will be going out in tomorrrow's mail so you should have them...how long does mail take now? Couple days? Except you Fiona. I'm sure Australia is several days beyond domestic expectations. Hurry up with the address or it won't go out with this first batch. Now I need to go buy one of those one at a time address label things...I don't want to send these out with a sloppy handwritting address label.

Please pipe in with what you think of the disk when you guys get it. Kudos to Jesse for his cool Parkour videos.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:19 AM   #17
Bob Long

Profile:
Maybe stupid question, but I just want to be sure... Are we allowed to print the 75 pages of notes and keep them? It just seems to me like I'm stealing it or something. Anyway I'll send Eugene my $5 to make my guilt less.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #18
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
I'll speak for Eugene and say, he does this as a service to the Crossfit community, and he is tireless in his efforts to bring you the best possible product, for your use. He is the Crossfit scribe. Print it up and read it over and over...that's why he does it!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #19
Jonathan Kessler

Profile:
Eugene, thanks, man.
You are an incredible resource, scribe, and human.
JK
Old 03-08-2006, 09:12 PM   #20
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Bob - Yes feel guilty. So guilty that you read the notes daily and commit the information to memory. When you have done that, you have done your pennance and can unload the guilt.

BUT. The notes without the pictures are crap compared to the full meal deal. It goes to 88 pages and well over 30,000 words with a cover sheet and a very nice index page. I just mailed out disks to:

Mike Minium, Dennis Yiatras, Donn Venema, Ryan Atkins, Jerry Hill, Gio Salazar, Steve Serrano, Peder Davis, Nick Marquis, Michael Smith and Larry Lindenman and so in a few days they will no doubt report to everyone what they think.

Here's my problem...the $5 is not enough. I had to buy disks, jewell cases, envelopes and labels so I could put a really cool picture on the disk. I also spent $100.00 on a Brother P-touch QL 500 individual label maker to label your envelopes and the stateside postage is 87 cents each. In the mix too is that I put in well over 60 hours of work to make them and whatever it takes to copy the disks, stamp them with the photo label, make the address labels, label the envelopes and go to the post office. To the bone I tell you, I'm working them to the bone.

Anyway, if you've sent me money already you are exempt just for being on the ball and sending it so quickly. But for the rest of you slackers that haven't ponied up the cash yet please fork up $10 for the notes disk.

Have I mentioned that they really turned out great?