CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
Amanda Strouse

Profile:
Re: Aman-DUH workout log

Yeah..I'm normally a good eater. But got crazed in the afternoon and my body forgot to tell me to eat.

6/26 - 4:30 WOD

3' 1-armed handstand hold. I've had my left arm down for awhile now, still having issues with the right. I blame the shoulder...but I think I just need to practice shifting the weight more.

Dumbell strict press - Previous PR was 32.5lbs. Today I hit 37.5lbs on both arms. Even though I'm right arm dominant, my shoulder makes it tough for me. So both arms were pretty even in the struggle. It was interesting to watch how everyone else struggled with the weak arm and flew the weight with the dominant arm. That is not me...they are fairly evenly matched. Either way, 37.5 was ugly, but a 5lb PR nonetheless...I'll take it.

Metcon - 7 rounds for time of 7 push press (65lb), 7 burpess
I REALLY wanted to get as close to 6' as possible. I'm trying to keep my times as fast as possible in the Metcons...I'm going to hold myself to a higher standard as much as possible. The push presses were not to ohard for me. They weren't easy, but since I normally press 95 lbsw/out the push, this could be a good workout for me. I hate burpees tho and that **** got ugly. Ended with a 6:36 time. Good enough for me. Right shoulder is zapped now though. ICEICEICEICE
Old 07-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #12
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

6/27 Plan was to hit gym for class...for some reason, I wasn't feeling too hot. Almost at exhaustion level. Sleep was needed stat!

6/28 WOD, Snatch (in lbs)

55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80 FAIL Felt fine through these. Still having trouble getting into my squat, as usual. Bonus today, I got the bar over my head and dropped it behind me when I failed. I need to do this more often so I can get more comfy with the bar over my head.

Metcon - 100 overhead squats, 3 x burpee on the minute

My labrum was whoa bad, so I did 65' front squats. Burpees blow FYI. Forget time, something like 8' or so

6/29-6/31 No workouts. Instead, volunteering at the Mann Center, Baby shower, bridal shower, concert at the Troc and Dr's appts. The rest was probably needed though since my shoulders were fried.

7/01 ITS ****ING JULY! Whoa #timeflieswhenyou'rehavingfun

WOD Front squat, peak of 1

75, 95, 115, 130, 140 DONE! I haven't FS in MONTHS! PR before was 140, so I'm still there. I need to get my squat more mobile. Ave suggested 90/90 stretch and glute bridges while home at night watching the tube. Started them tonight, did about 5' of each at home. Inadevrtantly turned my BF on while doing glute bridges...men, pfffffft.

Metcon Tabata Wall balls 81

Don't listen to me if I ever say I hate these, cuz I don't. I like them alot. Probably could have got more below parallel on some of them, but I felt pretty good till the last set. In fact, I felt great.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #13
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

7/03 WOD, Handstand walking

Ok, so today was HUGE for me. Before, handstand walking was me getting up, then trying to walk as many steps as possible before falling over. Today, I legit walked like 5-6 steps. It felt amazing and I couldn't be happier. All it took was some practice.

AMRAP - in 6', 6 ring dips + turn out and 6 pistols each leg. 4=2 dips (I think)

Went light on this since I Was fatigued from day prior. I have not practice pistols either, so this was interesting. Light band for dips, micro for pistols. Dips felt not bad, I like ring dips. Pistols were nuts. I kept getting a sharp pain in my left quad when I used right leg to go down. Weird since it wasn't the one doing the work. Weight went into my toes alot. I'll work more on these when I can.

7/04 - Happy birthday America! Day off...so I rode my bike 38 miles (of course) Nice EZ stretch ride. Did 1/4 of the worlds worst hill ever. Lately I have been getting headaches from dehydration when I workout outside in heat. So today I practiced staying hydrated. 1 24 oz bottle/hr with one bottle being water, 1 bottle being personalized carb/electrolyte mix. No headache!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

7/05 WOD, Hang Snatch

Didn't write down the weight. I stayed pretty light though, maybe around 73 so I could work on form. You'd think with all the work I'm doing on my form, I'd have mastered this **** by now. Not yet, not yet...

Metcon - 30 strict toes to bar, for quality.

Not much to say here. I'm not great at these strict. I kept wanting to kip. The body likes to kip.

7/06 WOD, muscle up practice

I know it's on it's way, so I'm being patient. I see myself doing them in my head, so I have faith. Mainly worked on getting comfy in the rings and kipping.

Metcon - CINDY...whaaaaaat AMRAP 20', 5 pullup, 10 pushup, 15 squat

So I was feeling good going in. Then I find Tara next to me who lapped me like5 times. I realized my kip on my pull up could be smaller and more efficient. My push ups I thought were good...not so much. Got waaaay fatigued around round 6. Squats were hella good. Learned how to just rep them out and pop my hips for full extension. I think I got 11 or 13 rounds, I can't remember.

7/07 - Hybrid, up to peak of 1 snatch and c&j

My shoulders were effing fried, so I thought this would be yet another great day to work on form.

Snatch, kilos
25, 25 (tried knees, toes pointing out), 25 (work on shuffling feet, no jump, push feet into floor), 25, 25 (WHOA BETTER), 25(Got shuffle down, knees out, now worked on pulling bar into me), 25 (I ****ING GOT THIS ****!), 25, 25(last one, bar got high), 25 (last one felt great!)

C&J, kilos
35, 35(worked on rowing bar into me), 40(started jerk with head back), 40, 45 (sloppy), 45(shoulders starting to fatigue), 50(second pull great), 50

This was THE BEST day of lifting I have had yet. It's like it all finally came together for me. Jim was able to talk me through and I was able to listen and implement. It just clicked. I'm so excited to start really perfecting it and being able to up my weight properly. wOOT

7/08-09 Sunday turned into a day off. Didn't mean to, but I started reading a book and didn't put it down all day. Monday was going to train, but dog had a seizure so I stayed home all day with him.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

This past week's been crazy, so here goes.

Tues 7/10 WOD

One armed dumbell presses. I effed my shoulder up pretty good during last set so I just went home. Bollucks

Wed 7/11-Fri 7/13 BEACH

I ran on the beach for 4 miles one day, practiced dble-unders and did push ups and squats and swam and chased a child around and mostly just relaxed cuz I needed it.

Sat 7/14 Gymnastics

Practiced butterfly pull ups. I'll get this one eventually. Think I might make it a goal for the fall. Skipped met-con since I Was staying for Hybrid

Hybrid (in kilos)

SNATCH 25, 25(widened grip, SO MUCH BETTER!), 29, 31, 35, 37, 39, 41, 41 Didn't do as well today as last class. I was sooo sleepy the whole time. Jim said I'm pratcing from boxes for awhile now so I can get better at getting under.

C&J 41, 42, 47, 50, 54(no jerk), 54 (no jerk), 54 (no jerk) 54 (no jerk). Clean felt great, jerk felt great until it didn't. Nothing much to write home about. It was great to be cleaning at my max without a problem though.

Sun 7/13 Had to skip workout today. Just too much **** to do around house plus family obligations. Meh

Mon 7/14 Planned to hit gym today, but got queasy while at work and just went home. Still had to go to dance class though. So I danced for 2 hours.

Tues 7/15 WOD

One armed handstand - left arm is great, right arm still a *****

1 armed press. Started with 20, got to 30 and shoulder spazzed again. Kept weight at 20lbs for rest of sets.

Met-con 15 presses, each arm, 15 lbs; 100 kettlebell swings; 15 presses, each arm. I forget my time, somewhere around 3-4 minutes. I repped this **** out cuz the weight was so low. After class, I asked Reid to show me how to kip my handstand push up. I ****ING GOT IT...plus 5 more. Feels good to accomplish one of my goals.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #16
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

7/16 WOD Sumo Deadlift, up to peak of 2.

Started out kinda hinky on these, kept rounding mah back. Focused on chest high. Forgot to write down weights, but got to a peak of 235

Metcon - For max total reps of the Russian Kettlebell Swing, for 10 minutes:
Every minute on the minute, 3-5 Strict Pull-ups (any grip) directly followed as many Russian Kettlebell Swings (2/1.5) as possible in the remaining time in the minute.

I LOVE pull ups, so this was fun for me. Did it rx'd. First 5 minutes were great, getting up to about 15 swings per round. Then **** fell off quick. Pullups were fine, swings just got sloppy. My hips were pooped. Got 119

7/17 Hang Power Snatch

Forgot to write down weight, but worked up to a peak of 75. I know I had about 10 more lbs in me. Towards the end, I was feeling very explosive and it was very easy weight, time just ran out.

FOR QUALITY: Take at least 5 minutes and at most 10 minutes, to complete as many Toes to Bar as you can.

Did 30 or so of these. My hands were hurting and I needed to get back to work. Need to practice stringing kip more efficiently together for these.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

7/20 Travel day...no time for zee workout.

7/21 Met tri club for group photo. Then swam in lake for 20 minutes, rode bike for 40 minutes (all hills) and spent an hour splashing around the water with the dogs. Good god are the mountains gorgeous. Really, I can't take it.

7/22 Volunteered for Ironman, working an aid station for 8 hours. Since I didn't have time to get a workout it, I made sure I helped un-load the u-haul and lift as many cases of water, powerade and whatnot as possible. The one guy commented that I was carrying twice as much as any of the men...thats right sukkas. Then spend 8 hours passing out water, juice, cola, pretzels, etc to the athletes. Super awesome to be there for it. AND, bonus, a buddy of mine got 5th place overall, beating most of the pros. So inspiring to watch someone who has worked his *** off finally do so great.

7/23 Signed up for Ironman #3. Why, because I'm a massochist. That and I need a goal for next year. Since I didn't make the advanced team, I figured I needed something else to focus on. I'm taking the CFE course this summer, so I can do my own programming and hopefully incorporate more CF workouts. Should be a fun journey. Since I've done the race training the conventional way, it will be interesting to see how I perform doing it the CFE way.

7/24 WOD, 1-arm dum-bell press.

Didn't want to risk hurting shoulders, so did strict press, both arms. Worked up to 89 lbs....and it felt pretty light. I could have done at least another 7 lbs.

METCON: 3 Rounds for time of: 15 Handstand Push-ups alternated with 50 Double Unders

I scaled this to band assisted with mini bands. Holy **** was it tough. I wish I would have just done the kipping push-ups cuz thats all I wanted to do the whole time...kip. Fried the shoulder a little. On a positive note, I finally strung together 7 du's. Success 14' and some change
Old 07-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
Erin Davidson

Profile:

When is IronMan3?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #19
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
When is IronMan3?
It's late July 28, 2013. So until then, I'll beef up the CF stuff and get my muscle up. Take a few months off to train and then get back to CF next summer post race. It should make for interesting times. Since I won't be lifting, I'll probably lean the eff out and then build up my endurance. So when I get back to CF next fall, it will be cool to see what happens.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #20
Amanda Strouse

Profile:

07/25 WOD, peak sumo deadlift

The mind is a funny thing. Once I decide to do something, boom, its done. I decided I wanted to PR, and I did. Previous conventional DL was 250...I got 255. Done!

Skipped burpee metcon since shoulder was iffy. Worked on DU's for the weekend.