CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 10-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #1
Hans Wurst

Profile:
Bench Press imbalance

Hey
When I bench press, my left arm presses a further distance than my right arm. In the bottom position when the bar touches my chest, the bar is parallel to the ground. But when I Press, it travels a further distance on the left side but from my pov it looks alright. I think its some kind of imbalance, but what can I do about it? Should I worry about it or will it correct itself?

thanks
Old 10-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Daniel Ricksecker

Profile:
Re: Bench Press imbalance

Are you sure you're pressing straight up? If you're pressing to the right, you could be rotating your shoulders therefore dropping your right arm lower/raising your left arm up. I'd look at that first before assuming any sort of imbalance.