CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Dana Rice

Profile:
Re: Garage Gym Slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Petri View Post
It really wasn't that tough to do. I will keep ya'll updated how it holds up. But I have a solid start, I'm sure there will be updates down the road.
resurrect old thread time. Just curious how this solution has worked out for you for the last 5 months? I just built a platform in my garage, and by looking at the cynderblock in your picture - it looks like our garages slope pretty much the same. It is annoying having the weights roll around and thinking in the back of your mind that one foot is higher than the other.

Never thought of cardboard - i was going to experiment with shims, but this looks easier assuming it was effective.

Also, is that the R3? How do you like it. I am looking at getting a rack, and that is the one I have my eye on.

thanks!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
Cody Lewis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Samuels View Post
Bro, the slope in your garage is perfectly normal. Worrying about it, is not. Don't sweat the small stuff this is why people laugh at crossfit because people drive themselves crazy worrying about if a peanut is paleo or which way the earth spins so they can orient their rower properly. I promise you that you will be fine just building your platform and liftting without calling in an engineer.
Haha! It's kinda true, =-P
Old 01-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
Brad Petri

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Rice View Post
resurrect old thread time. Just curious how this solution has worked out for you for the last 5 months? I just built a platform in my garage, and by looking at the cynderblock in your picture - it looks like our garages slope pretty much the same. It is annoying having the weights roll around and thinking in the back of your mind that one foot is higher than the other.

Never thought of cardboard - i was going to experiment with shims, but this looks easier assuming it was effective.

Also, is that the R3? How do you like it. I am looking at getting a rack, and that is the one I have my eye on.

thanks!
The cardboard has worked well so far. I have noticed it compressed a little but its still holding up. The only issue I have noticed is that it does cause a little extra bounce but nothing bad. I can't remember what the exact slope of my garage is, I think it was 2 inches over the 8 ft. It was probably more of a mental and convenience thing. I did find an article at Catalyst Athletics articles site that describes building on a slope using 4x4 timber but it is more involved than the cardboard. The R3 was a great buy for me. I would buy it again.