CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
Aaron Schupp

Profile:
Progenex??

I was wondering if anyone knew what was going on with them? I saw an email the other day that Dr. Connelly is no longer associated with Progenex. It also contained reasons as to why people can no longer by the original Progenex products. Seems like a lot of shady stuff going on. Just wondering because I currently use Progenex and just got a new order in that has their changed formula.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Shane Scott

Profile:
Re: Progenex??

Interesting article regarding Dr. Connelly and his involvment with Progenex:

http://genxxl.com/gossip/dr-scott-co...no-real-proof/ (WFS)
Old 09-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Karen Hayes

Profile:

Hi-
The coaches at CFNE were really pushing Progonex and just lately have stopped endorsing it. Something about the formula and changes that they were not happy with.
http://nevertooldforcrossfit.blogspot.com/YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Aaron D Thomas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hayes View Post
Hi-
The coaches at CFNE were really pushing Progonex and just lately have stopped endorsing it. Something about the formula and changes that they were not happy with.
http://nevertooldforcrossfit.blogspot.com/YOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.
Hi Karen,

I'm not sure where you heard that, but someone is not giving you the right information. I talk to Ben & Heather Bergeron regularly, and they are very happy with the products. I actually just spoke with Heather today, and she continues to use Progenex daily and recommend to everyone who asks. As a matter of fact, she'll be featured in upcoming Progenex commercials on the CrossFit/USAW live online stream.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to address them.

Aaron
Old 09-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Aaron D Thomas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Schupp View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew what was going on with them? I saw an email the other day that Dr. Connelly is no longer associated with Progenex. It also contained reasons as to why people can no longer by the original Progenex products. Seems like a lot of shady stuff going on. Just wondering because I currently use Progenex and just got a new order in that has their changed formula.
Hi Aaron,

You and I have spoken a number of times, and I'd be happy to address your questions in-depth over the phone. If you received the email from Dr. Connelly, you would have also received another email today giving you the real story. The results of the products will speak for themselves, just as they always have. And although Connelly likes to skew the facts, the original Progenex Recovery and WGFE are still available for sale if anyone wants them. You simply have to select the Raw Recovery (unflavored) or email wgfe@progenexusa.com if you want the WGFE (which was not contained in the original Recovery or More Muscle anyway, despite what Connelly would lead you to believe).

The bottom line is that the original products are available for anyone who wants to buy them - we've simply produced better products. You can choose for yourself, so what do you have to lose?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #6
Aaron Schupp

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron D Thomas View Post
Hi Aaron,

You and I have spoken a number of times, and I'd be happy to address your questions in-depth over the phone. If you received the email from Dr. Connelly, you would have also received another email today giving you the real story. The results of the products will speak for themselves, just as they always have. And although Connelly likes to skew the facts, the original Progenex Recovery and WGFE are still available for sale if anyone wants them. You simply have to select the Raw Recovery (unflavored) or email wgfe@progenexusa.com if you want the WGFE (which was not contained in the original Recovery or More Muscle anyway, despite what Connelly would lead you to believe).

The bottom line is that the original products are available for anyone who wants to buy them - we've simply produced better products. You can choose for yourself, so what do you have to lose?

Aaron,

Thanks for your response. I will give you a call later today.

I have been using Progenex ever since I was introduced to them during CrossFit Sectionals this year. That is why I posted this message. I have seen different info from 2 different sides. Since I use the product I wanted to know more details about the 2 different claims that I am seeing.

On a personal level, I have never met or spoken with Dr. Connelly. I have met and spoken to Aaron Thomas several times. I met him at our Sectional and Regional competition. He has never been anything but extremely helpful and professional with everyone at CrossFit Eclipse.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #7
Brent Eno

Profile:

Progenex Recovery ingredients: hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, fructose, natural flavors, sucralose(aka Splenda).

Why is Crossfit pushing these products so much? Unless this particular whey is magical, this is just a marketing ploy.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

well, it used to also have a boatload of L-leucine in it too. Before they changed the label.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #9
Aaron D Thomas

Profile:

@Brent

A Rolls Royce and a Pinto both have 4 wheels, a transmission and an engine, but they create two vastly different driving experiences. Like cars, all proteins are not created the same. We start with a very high quality whey isolate and hydrolyze it to a degree rarely found in proteins, making the peptides immediately absorbable when your body needs it during its post-workout anabolic window. Many "hydrolyzed" proteins have been hydrolyzed just barely enough to call it a hydrolysate on the label, and you're right, it typically is just a marketing ploy. The proof is in the pudding, and it's quite easy to see the difference by actually using the product.

@Blair

The new More Muscle product still has a boatload of BCAAs (around 20g), including L-Leucine, and actually has an improved amino acid profile over the previous product. We tested the new formulations with many of the top CrossFit athletes, and their feedback was what prompted us to go with the particular products that we did. There is a reason that 5 out of the 6 people who stood on the podium at the Games use our product, and my sales pitch has always remained the same: simply try the products for yourself to see the results. It really is as simple as that.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Daniel Lyell

Profile:

But why fructose? From the studies I've seen maltodextrin or dextrose are much less harmful than fructose. Why the change - I don't get it.