CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 11-05-2008, 02:14 AM   #1
Jason Hogue

Profile:
Elizabeth and "Benchmark Workouts" Sep 2003 article

I am always 2 weeks behind on WODs and will be doing Elizabeth tomorrow for the first time. I researched prior thread on the discussion of Power versus full squat cleans and the consensus was full squat cleans are the prescription. However today I also read the article "Benchmark Workouts" from September 2003 and it definitely says Hang cleans. I am pretty sure full squat cleans is the ticket, just wondering about the Hang cleans in the article.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: Elizabeth and "Benchmark Workouts" Sep 2003 article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hogue View Post
I am always 2 weeks behind on WODs and will be doing Elizabeth tomorrow for the first time. I researched prior thread on the discussion of Power versus full squat cleans and the consensus was full squat cleans are the prescription. However today I also read the article "Benchmark Workouts" from September 2003 and it definitely says Hang cleans. I am pretty sure full squat cleans is the ticket, just wondering about the Hang cleans in the article.
Full Squat.

Do it - record your time.

Next time, do it with power cleans - record your time. Note the difference and how you felt after each one.

Watch Greg Amundson's videos on each - wfs

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...izabethRxd.wmv
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C...rElizabeth.wmv