CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
Aaron Trent

Profile:
Diet on an off week?

I need a week off, so I am listening to my body and I'm not going to do anything taxing this week.
My question is concerning my diet. Should I eat the same way I do on a normal week or should I scale back a little. Should I lower my protein intake, my fat intake (Olive and Coconut Oil out of the jar), or should I lower both?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Jay Cohen

Profile:
Re: Diet on an off week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Trent View Post
so I am listening to my body
So, what's it say? Hungry, full, craving carbs, salt, French Fries. If your listening, then do what your body asks.

Personally, I eat the same, day in, day out. I'm either eating to lose, maintain, gain weight, hence that's how I eat, but I eat the appx same macro nutrient ratio every day.

BTW, you need to follow your body/mind, asking what others do as to nutrient intake is futile as we're all different.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
Joe Bernard

Profile:

I agree with Jay, listen to what your body tells you. When I took a week off and only did things like a pick-up basketball game, I just listened to my body in terms of my eating. On days that I didn't move around much I ate less and on days I played a couple b-ball games, I ate more. I am on the paleo so it is eat until you are satisfied, so as a result I have learned to listen to my body and know how much food to eat. Given this, I was a bit more relaxed with my diet. I ate like two cheat meals and a couple semi-cheat meals. I know, you are probably asking yourself a meal is either a cheat meal or your on a diet. For example, I had salmon with scallops and pasta. The salmon and scallops are on my diet but pasta is not. It's your week off, do what you want because when next week comes you can get back on track.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
Aaron Trent

Profile:

I'm eating a little less and eating whenever I'm hungry. Most of the food is clean with a bit of splurging. I'm enjoying the brews more than I usually do.