CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:58 AM   #1
Mike Ryan

Profile:
The problem for me is that I found it in my 7 year old daughter. It was amazing...I was watching them in the pool and she got out and checked the skimmer for frogs. She squats down with perfect CrossFit form, butt to ankles, heels on the ground and lifts the cover. She then sat there in the bottom position for a couple of minutes watching a frog fighting the whirpool in the skimmer before rescuing the little guy. I sat there, still in pain from Friday's 200 squats, shaking my head at how easy it was for her and wishing I could still do that. Gotta love kids.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #2
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
If they never stop squatting like that they'd still be able to squat as adults. The solution would be to throw out all the chairs in your house so everyone would have to squat to watch tv, do homework, eat, post on messageboards, etc etc...
Old 06-27-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
Mark Roughton

Profile:
Had a similar experience at my daughter's swim meet this weekend; I saw a thin-as-a-toothpick nine- or ten-year-old boy stay down in that squatting position for a good hour and a half between his events. Not only that, but it seemed like he spent the whole time eating -- I saw him put down a chocolate chip muffin, some pixie sticks, a snow cone, and a slice of pizza. Hummingbird metabolism, I guess.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Sam sits like that all the time. He even sits like that when on chairs or the couch. He is 8, almost 9. Actually his only problem is that I would like to see his upper back be straighter and not so hunched.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
Larry Cook

Profile:
Eugene started a similar thread a while back .. cool pic of his kid. I look at my kids doing these things and I think "Man, I have to help them keep doing the things they do naturally when the whole world wants them to sit still, in their chairs, all day long."

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/8561.html
Old 06-27-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
Russ Greene

Profile:

Sam is a Beast. Period. He's probably going to have caught up to me before he enters middle school.

Previously Masquerading as Ross Greenberg
Old 06-27-2005, 06:34 PM   #7
Keith Conrad

Profile:

I was stationed in Korea during my time in the Army. Almost everyone squats like that instead of sitting. They can do it for extended amounts of time. Interestingly enough, Korean toilets, even the porcelin ones that flush, are basically flat on the floor. You are supposed to squat down and do your duty. Very interesting for us Westerners.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:51 PM   #8
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
wasn't there a thread on these squat toilets a while back? My husband wonders how I can use the toilet with my feet on the seat. It's really quite easy! :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_toilet
Old 06-28-2005, 02:50 AM   #9
Dan Silver

Profile:

Veronica-

How does he know?

-D.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:13 AM   #10
William Hunter

Profile:
"Hey honey, check this out!"