CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 03-05-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
Christopher C Brophy

Profile:

I just happened to clink on the North Caroline Crossfit link and read through their wod's...It seemed to me that they are much more technical and use alot more variations than teh crossfit main site...just an observation and was wondering if anyone else has seen this

Has the main site of crossfit gone more generic as it has gone more main stream? Any thoughts? I actually am considering following their wods or at least incorporating them into my workouts.

Chris
Old 03-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Moving to WOD section.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #3
Peter Queen

Profile:
"Trainers Amber and Michelle on Girls Night out."
I don't know about their WOD's but Amber and Michelle were'nt bad to look at. :proud:
Old 03-20-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
David Cynamon

Profile:
Chris,
I'm not sure what you mean about technical, but it probably also seems more varied because they post some things that the main site doesn't post like sledge hammer swings and tire jumps (and curls?). I think there are also a bit of things that don't make it there (like muscle ups-I couldn't find any). My guess is that they tailor their wod to the clients they get and their equipment to some extent, also adding a little independence, while at the main page they don't seem to introduce new equipment very much.

I got the impression that Coach was the expert on making WODs, I think that if someone pointed out that these WODs are better, that they would merge their way into the main page WOD. So my guess is that the North Carolina WODs wouldn't necessarily be more beneficial than the main page WOD, but try and tell,
How has it gone incorporating their WOD into your workout, do feel or see any difference?
Old 03-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #5
Dennis Yiatras

Profile:

I use some of there w/o's as a second w/o later in the day. It seems like they have a lot more rowing w/o's. They dont have a comment section on their site to see how you compare to others who do their wod..
Old 03-21-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
Tom Brose

Profile:
Lots of people out there experementing with their own WODs. I would guess that the individual variables such as equipment, clients, weather all can factor in. As for me, I plan the group workouts for Crossfit DC, and always have to make the WOD fit our limitations as well as my goal for that day.