CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
Eric Auciello

Profile:
Gymnastic Cert Recap (Sept 20-21 CrossFit Revolution)

I wanted to thank everyone for coming out and participating in what turned out to be an awesome cert. Special thanks to Tucker and Mack for all their hard work and dedication. If anyone is on the fence about attending a gymnastic cert I would highly encourage you to check it out. The technique and skills Tucker taught over the course of this two day event will definitely be implemented immediately in our box. After this weekend I cleary see that these movements will help my clients and I become better athletes/Crossfitters. The camaraderie and support of all the people who attended this weekend was something that made me proud to be a member of this community. I look forward to working with you all in the years to come.

Thnx E
Old 09-22-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: Gymnastic Cert Recap (Sept 20-21 CrossFit Revolution)

Thanks, Eric.

CrossFit Alexandria is hosting Tucker's Gymnastics Cert this weekend, and I am really excited to attend.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
Michael Manning

Profile:

Thanks you for hosting, Eric! Great facility, plenty of chow to snack on and a cold beer at the end of the day! Classy...

CROSSFIT= Weightlifting, Metabolic Conditioning and GYMNASTICS! The CrossFit Gymnastics Cert, Led by Tucker and Mac will OPEN YOUR EYES! If you think you have good core strength, stability and body control, Try some of Tuckers drills and skills! Humbling, yes but the value in learning and practicing basic gymnastics skills, has obvious carry over. This cert teaches drills, progressions and beginner subs for many basic movements (read HARD), including correct, hands on spotting, which is a MUST learn skill! Want REALLY efficient kipping pullups?, how about NON-kipping muscle-ups? A solid Handstand and HSPU's, maybe on paralletes? Ever try a "skin the cat" to a back lever? We had a great time, learned A LOT and will be incorporating LOADS of stuff into our warmups and workouts with confidence because of this weekends instruction. Put this Cert at the top of your list ( rumor has it that Gillian Mounsey may soon be assisting Tucker and Mac! ) Thanks again Tucker!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Trebor Marple

Profile:

What an amazing experience. I took Jeff's gymnastic cert this past weekend and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to challenge their athletes in a whole new way. I learned a ton from these guys. These movements are a must for any affiliate owner or CF trainer. Thank you to Jeff, Mac for changing my life by showing me the importance of these movements. Thanks to Eric for hosting the cert as well. I also got to meet some amazing affiliates and crossfitters as well. Hope to see all you guys again sometime.
Trebor
Old 09-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
Michael McLeish

Profile:

Awesome Cert!! Kimberly and I had a blast and learned a ton of information. We've been able to incorporate several changes in our programming - particularly our warmups. Right away we're seeing clients do dips and pullups better than ever before!

I'm sure we'll be having many more 'ah ha!' moments as a result of the seminar, it is still soaking in.

Many thanks to Tucker, Mac and Eric for putting on such a great program!