CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #1151
Jonas Moody

Profile:
Re: The CFSC Burpee Challenge Log

41 done.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #1152
Fergus Lally

Profile:

another 41 in the bag...

Christ this bag I speak of is filling up fast.

Ps burpees are easy!

note: burpees are not easy in any way, shape or form, they are the world's worst invention ever, there up there with tweed...

seriously, tweed, what's that about? What a bad idea...
Old 08-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #1153
Mike Paul

Profile:

41 done today - psychologically I am finding these easier now. Started with set sizes of 3 - 5, but now working generally with 10 - 15 in a set, quite often on a minute. Getting the confidence as well that I might not need to miss as many days as I originally thought around the triathlon on 7th Septmember.

This thread has definitely kept me going until now - thanks
Old 08-23-2008, 11:42 AM   #1154
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

40 yesterday night before bed. 41 as part of workout today in addition to about 19 or 29 more.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #1155
David Easton

Profile:

Day 17 VIDEO done at Festiball Softball Tournament in Edinburgh.

Only 83 days left
Old 08-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #1156
Mike Paul

Profile:

Just had a thought before I go to bed -

"CrossFit is a strength and conditioning system built on constantly varied, if not randomized, functional movements executed at high intensity."

In the context of the above sentence, what we're doing is not very Crossfit. The growing number of injured participants suggests it is not necessarily a great way to get fit i.e. constantly repeating the same movement day in, day out in ever increasing volumes.

If we do get a niggle and take a few days off -and to get back in we break the cardinal rule of coming back from injury - rather than go back to a level / volume / intensity we could handle before we got injured we make up the days we missed in one day.

We're constantly breaking the 10% rule of training - i.e. don't increase your training volumes / levels by more than 10% in one week.

The challenge is also encouraging us not to take a rest day for 100 days.

So why do we do it? Are the WOD's not enough? For me it is because it is a challenge and despite my arguments above I hope I will be fitter at the end of it all. Plus Burpees are one of the coolest exercises known to man and womankind! (and who ever thought of pairing it with a jumping pullup is an evil genius)But it's also because there is a sense of belonging - to a group of people who are as loony as I am in wanting to break all the rules of what we know makes common sense.

Am I going to continue? - hell yeah!
ps - would love to know why everyone else is up for it
pps - sorry it wasn't a very short thought
Old 08-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #1157
Maximus Lewin

Profile:

41 done 861 all in.

"I ran a 3 minute mile, but it was only 1/2 a mile" - Coach on range of motion
Old 08-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #1158
Mike Goldberg

Profile:

41 done.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #1159
Jake Zier

Profile:

120 done today (catching up on 39/40/41) I did them in 10 sets of 12 reps. 5 this morning and 5 this evening. It wasn't as bas as I tought it would be
Old 08-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #1160
Fergus Lally

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Paul View Post
Just had a thought before I go to bed -

"CrossFit is a strength and conditioning system built on constantly varied, if not randomized, functional movements executed at high intensity."

In the context of the above sentence, what we're doing is not very Crossfit. The growing number of injured participants suggests it is not necessarily a great way to get fit i.e. constantly repeating the same movement day in, day out in ever increasing volumes.

If we do get a niggle and take a few days off -and to get back in we break the cardinal rule of coming back from injury - rather than go back to a level / volume / intensity we could handle before we got injured we make up the days we missed in one day.

We're constantly breaking the 10% rule of training - i.e. don't increase your training volumes / levels by more than 10% in one week.

The challenge is also encouraging us not to take a rest day for 100 days.

So why do we do it? Are the WOD's not enough? For me it is because it is a challenge and despite my arguments above I hope I will be fitter at the end of it all. Plus Burpees are one of the coolest exercises known to man and womankind! (and who ever thought of pairing it with a jumping pullup is an evil genius)But it's also because there is a sense of belonging - to a group of people who are as loony as I am in wanting to break all the rules of what we know makes common sense.

Am I going to continue? - hell yeah!
ps - would love to know why everyone else is up for it
pps - sorry it wasn't a very short thought
i see where you coming from.

personally for me I'm doing it because before crossfit in May I was doing a typical BB routine with weights in the morning and cardio in the evening 6 days a week and getting brilliant results as far as superficial looks and overall fitness are concerned so after deciding to see if I can gain muscle using crossfit as apposed to a typical bodybuilding routine and switching to the main page WODS only I found I had a "lot left in the tank" come 6 o'clock in the evening so I wanted/needed something else, plus I though that this is a challenge I honestly don't know if I'll be able to complete, so I decided lets see if I can do it...

If I was 100% sure I would definitely complete it I wouldn't have bothered but because I didn't know I'd be able I decided why not...