CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
Tim Trujillo
Member Tim Trujillo is offline
 
Tim Trujillo's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pueblo  CO
Posts: 285
Re: can I get your thoughts on gloves?

I am garage gym guy, I dabble in the oly lifts and I own straps, shoes, belts, and wraps. I dont use them everyday, but I rely on them when I need them. Being a garage gym guy in Colorado I use gloves in the winter, because my bars get COLD. I would love a glove that provides grip, durability and breathability. Good luck in your business, and thanks for looking outside the box...pun intended.
__________________
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and generally more useful- Mark Rippetoe
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
Jayme Gruber
Member Jayme Gruber is offline
 
Jayme Gruber's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh  PA
Posts: 617
Re: can I get your thoughts on gloves?

The official CrossFit ones are a joke. My friend bought them ($50 I think) and they ripped so quick. And not even in the palm, in the stitching that held them together near the wrist. But the palm material is paper thin.

I thought about buying these to have in my bag just for the occasional rope climbs. Have you tested these: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-me...tn51gvrbobf6m1 WFS
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #13
Jason Denny
Member Jason Denny is offline
 
Jason Denny's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indianapolis  IN
Posts: 254
Re: can I get your thoughts on gloves?

I use football receiver gloves. Thin and with tacky palms. I use them for rope climbing and high rep pull-ups. I cannot afford to have open sores on my hands. Dealing with criminals with open sores is a BIG NONO.
__________________
Indyshield Crossfit
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Indy-...65019083520597
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
Eddie Dimaguila
Member Eddie Dimaguila is offline
 
Eddie Dimaguila's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Farmington Hills  MI
Posts: 76
Re: can I get your thoughts on gloves?

Quote:
I use football receiver gloves. Thin and with tacky palms. I use them for rope climbing and high rep pull-ups. I cannot afford to have open sores on my hands. Dealing with criminals with open sores is a BIG NONO.
I also use football receiver gloves on things like tire flipping, sledge work, rope climbs/pulls. I like gloves for that kind of stuff. For lifting I don't use gloves at all. I like the feel of bare steel in my palms.

Truth be told....I honestly have about 10 pairs of gloves though. I'm always experimenting with different kinds. I'm sort of a glove addict.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
Jeremy Schultz
Member Jeremy Schultz is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Colville  WA
Posts: 168
Re: can I get your thoughts on gloves?

Good luck in your pursuit of the ideal glove. Just make sure you make enough colors to match everybody's purse color.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #16
Jason Denny
Member Jason Denny is offline
 
Jason Denny's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indianapolis  IN
Posts: 254
Re: can I get your thoughts on gloves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dimaguila View Post
I also use football receiver gloves on things like tire flipping, sledge work, rope climbs/pulls. I like gloves for that kind of stuff. For lifting I don't use gloves at all. I like the feel of bare steel in my palms.

Truth be told....I honestly have about 10 pairs of gloves though. I'm always experimenting with different kinds. I'm sort of a glove addict.
Yeah, I'd never use gloves for lifting.
__________________
Indyshield Crossfit
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Indy-...65019083520597
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Rob Brown
Member Rob Brown is offline
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Luis Obispo  CA
Posts: 245
Re: can I get your thoughts on gloves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
I am garage gym guy, I dabble in the oly lifts and I own straps, shoes, belts, and wraps. I dont use them everyday, but I rely on them when I need them. Being a garage gym guy in Colorado I use gloves in the winter, because my bars get COLD. I would love a glove that provides grip, durability and breathability. Good luck in your business, and thanks for looking outside the box...pun intended.
Tim, Thank you very much for the cold weather feedback. We have had winter in consideration, but this is the first note about 'cold bars' and gripping. Off to put some kettlebells in the freezer.. My lady will love me for this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
The official CrossFit ones are a joke. My friend bought them ($50 I think) and they ripped so quick. And not even in the palm, in the stitching that held them together near the wrist. But the palm material is paper thin.

I thought about buying these to have in my bag just for the occasional rope climbs. Have you tested these: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-me...tn51gvrbobf6m1 WFS
Jayme, I saw a lot of reviews that had people very disjointed in the lifespan of their gloves. If we can't get a durability to price value we will not hit the market. I have the mechanix vented gloves you linked. IMO, mechanix are the gold standard in value return. We would like to deliver a similar value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Denny View Post
I use football receiver gloves. Thin and with tacky palms. I use them for rope climbing and high rep pull-ups. I cannot afford to have open sores on my hands. Dealing with criminals with open sores is a BIG NONO.
Jason, you sir have hit the nail on the head. I really like the UA receiver gloves. They are modern, have great performance qualities, at a very solid price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dimaguila View Post
I also use football receiver gloves on things like tire flipping, sledge work, rope climbs/pulls. I like gloves for that kind of stuff. For lifting I don't use gloves at all. I like the feel of bare steel in my palms.

Truth be told....I honestly have about 10 pairs of gloves though. I'm always experimenting with different kinds. I'm sort of a glove addict.
Eddie, haha PM me! I would love to bend your ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Schultz View Post
Good luck in your pursuit of the ideal glove. Just make sure you make enough colors to match everybody's purse color.
Jeremy, there is a goal to release models in several basic colors and graphic profiles. ...hmm, I never thought about CF purses, hmmmm.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The gloves/no gloves debate Michael Hess Equipment 27 09-29-2014 06:05 PM
Gloves Joshua Biernacki Equipment 12 11-11-2012 06:37 PM
Gloves? Nolan James Ardrey Equipment 19 07-08-2008 07:44 AM
Gloves Ryan Payne Equipment 5 08-12-2005 05:46 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.