CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
Tim Trujillo

Profile:
Re: can I get your thoughts on gloves?

I am garage gym guy, I dabble in the oly lifts and I own straps, shoes, belts, and wraps. I dont use them everyday, but I rely on them when I need them. Being a garage gym guy in Colorado I use gloves in the winter, because my bars get COLD. I would love a glove that provides grip, durability and breathability. Good luck in your business, and thanks for looking outside the box...pun intended.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

The official CrossFit ones are a joke. My friend bought them ($50 I think) and they ripped so quick. And not even in the palm, in the stitching that held them together near the wrist. But the palm material is paper thin.

I thought about buying these to have in my bag just for the occasional rope climbs. Have you tested these: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-me...tn51gvrbobf6m1 WFS
Old 08-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #13
Jason Denny

Profile:

I use football receiver gloves. Thin and with tacky palms. I use them for rope climbing and high rep pull-ups. I cannot afford to have open sores on my hands. Dealing with criminals with open sores is a BIG NONO.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #14
Eddie Dimaguila

Profile:

Quote:
I use football receiver gloves. Thin and with tacky palms. I use them for rope climbing and high rep pull-ups. I cannot afford to have open sores on my hands. Dealing with criminals with open sores is a BIG NONO.
I also use football receiver gloves on things like tire flipping, sledge work, rope climbs/pulls. I like gloves for that kind of stuff. For lifting I don't use gloves at all. I like the feel of bare steel in my palms.

Truth be told....I honestly have about 10 pairs of gloves though. I'm always experimenting with different kinds. I'm sort of a glove addict.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #15
Jeremy Schultz

Profile:

Good luck in your pursuit of the ideal glove. Just make sure you make enough colors to match everybody's purse color.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #16
Jason Denny

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dimaguila View Post
I also use football receiver gloves on things like tire flipping, sledge work, rope climbs/pulls. I like gloves for that kind of stuff. For lifting I don't use gloves at all. I like the feel of bare steel in my palms.

Truth be told....I honestly have about 10 pairs of gloves though. I'm always experimenting with different kinds. I'm sort of a glove addict.
Yeah, I'd never use gloves for lifting.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Rob Brown

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
I am garage gym guy, I dabble in the oly lifts and I own straps, shoes, belts, and wraps. I dont use them everyday, but I rely on them when I need them. Being a garage gym guy in Colorado I use gloves in the winter, because my bars get COLD. I would love a glove that provides grip, durability and breathability. Good luck in your business, and thanks for looking outside the box...pun intended.
Tim, Thank you very much for the cold weather feedback. We have had winter in consideration, but this is the first note about 'cold bars' and gripping. Off to put some kettlebells in the freezer.. My lady will love me for this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
The official CrossFit ones are a joke. My friend bought them ($50 I think) and they ripped so quick. And not even in the palm, in the stitching that held them together near the wrist. But the palm material is paper thin.

I thought about buying these to have in my bag just for the occasional rope climbs. Have you tested these: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-me...tn51gvrbobf6m1 WFS
Jayme, I saw a lot of reviews that had people very disjointed in the lifespan of their gloves. If we can't get a durability to price value we will not hit the market. I have the mechanix vented gloves you linked. IMO, mechanix are the gold standard in value return. We would like to deliver a similar value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Denny View Post
Jason, you sir have hit the nail on the head. I really like the UA receiver gloves. They are modern, have great performance qualities, at a very solid price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dimaguila View Post

Eddie, haha PM me! I would love to bend your ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Schultz View Post
Good luck in your pursuit of the ideal glove. Just make sure you make enough colors to match everybody's purse color.
Jeremy, there is a goal to release models in several basic colors and graphic profiles. ...hmm, I never thought about CF purses, hmmmm.