CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #11
Richard Teutsch

Profile:
Re: Buyer Beware: Wright Rubber

Hate to hear you had a bad experience with Wright Rubber and Jason. I've purchased equipment from Jason a number of times and he's always taken really good care of me and my affiliate. I know other affiliates around me, as well as friends, who have purchased from Wright Rubber and they've always had good things to say about not only the product quality, but the excellent customer service as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Teutsch View Post
Hate to hear you had a bad experience with Wright Rubber and Jason. I've purchased equipment from Jason a number of times and he's always taken really good care of me and my affiliate. I know other affiliates around me, as well as friends, who have purchased from Wright Rubber and they've always had good things to say about not only the product quality, but the excellent customer service as well.
I was very happy with my transaction until now. Great service, price and responsiveness when I was placing my order. I've actually had a few people PM me saying they had issues long after the fact with their purchases and the owner made good on them eventually, so hopefully that is the case for me too.

I don't doubt their service when everything goes well, its if you have an issue that you need resolved after the fact that led to my "Buyer Beware"
Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
Robby Dinero

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Light View Post
I was very happy with my transaction until now. Great service, price and responsiveness when I was placing my order. I've actually had a few people PM me saying they had issues long after the fact with their purchases and the owner made good on them eventually, so hopefully that is the case for me too.

I don't doubt their service when everything goes well, its if you have an issue that you need resolved after the fact that led to my "Buyer Beware"
Buy through Hammerhead Fitness. They go above and beyond.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
Sean Smith

Profile:

I know Greg runs a legit, solid business. Jason, from Wright, has always been good to my gym. However, I wouldn't buy anymore bumpers from them because they just don't hold up. Jason replaced some of ours, but they just cracked again or the insert came out. I've resorted to spending a little more money and buying from one reputable source. That source has supplied us plates that have lasted from 2008 until present with no signs of damage.

Back to the original issue: I've sat through enough "Judge Judy" episodes to know one thing when you're doing business...GET IT IN WRITING. I wouldn't believe anyone who came up to me and said, "Hey, 3 years ago you said I could get this product for free."
Old 03-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #15
Robert Fontaine

Profile:

If I remember when I bought mine about 5 years ago or so they were the least expensive decent training bumper on the market. We all knew that the stainless steel were better and that the Pendlays would last longer and had tighter weight tolerances BUT Wright would arrange a decent shipper and sold at rock bottom pricing.

I haven't had a bumper fail although I've got a proper lifting platform in my basement and I don't tend to abuse my weights much. This was pretty much my plan when I bought them. Had I planned to be bouncing them on a regular basis the twice the price Pendlays would have been my decision at the time.

Wright bumpers were the right choice for my first 400 pounds of bumpers. If and when they die I'll be replacing them a bit at a time with bumpers that are 2-3 times the price per pound but if they hadn't been available at the time I wouldn't have been able to afford to buy and ship bumpers at all.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
Andrew Bolliger

Profile:

I am still using most of the brass Wright bumpers after 5 years in a big box... while the steel inserted ones barely last a year... I would pay extra to go back to brass. They get loose but that is all. I think its crazy to expect a company to replace bumpers you have been using for 3-years, that are probably still working. I don't buy Wright anymore because there are better options for the same price but the old school brass bumpers are awesome!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bolliger View Post
I am still using most of the brass Wright bumpers after 5 years in a big box... while the steel inserted ones barely last a year... I would pay extra to go back to brass. They get loose but that is all. I think its crazy to expect a company to replace bumpers you have been using for 3-years, that are probably still working. I don't buy Wright anymore because there are better options for the same price but the old school brass bumpers are awesome!
Jeez. Maybe I am lucky I didn't swap them out. Good info to hear. Thanks. Having never had another set of bumpers I have no idea what is the norm for wear and tear from personal use.