CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Greg Light

Profile:
Buyer Beware: Wright Rubber

Just got off the phone with Wright Rubber and wanted to post a thread about it to further enforce why people should buy from those who STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS.

Bought bumpers a while back from Wright Rubber. Full set of color bumpers.

They had the brass centers. About a month after I bought them I see that Wright changed to steel centers since people were having issues with the brass ones coming loose, which some of mine already were after a month of personal use.

I called Wright asking what gives and will you replace any bumpers that I have issues with. Their response "Absolutely, just wait until you are having issues with a good chunk of them so we don't spend a bunch of time and expense shipping them back and forth one at a time."

I said "No problem. I know these only have a one year warranty. I'm fine with using these until they are all unusable, but I don't want the warranty to run out."

Their response "No problem at all. We'll replace those brass insert ones whenever they go bad. Just keep using them until they're all ready to be replaced and then we'll send you out a replacement set."

Sounds great right? I finally got to the point of all of them being pretty trashed (3 years of solely my use) so I called them today.

Spoke to the same person (Jason Hughes) and basically he told it was a ridiculous request, it had been too long, he couldn't warranty those, tough luck and then hung up on me.

So I figured I would post these here so that people know what they might be in for if they buy from them. My business will be taken elsewhere from now on.

What really makes me mad about this is that I was trying to help them out and hold out for as long as possible since I know that when I first got my bumpers from them there were just starting out and cash flow is king when you're a new business.......Guess I got burned on that one.... oh well, lesson learned.

Buy from someone you know will stand behind their products.

Rant over....
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Steven Howard

Profile:
Re: Buyer Beware: Wright Rubber

So they refused to replace 3 yr old bumpers? Or did I read that wrong?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Sebastian Soffici

Profile:

No Steven I believe that he was told to run the warranty out, and then the bumpers would be replaced, free of charge. when said warranty ran out he was told to screw off.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Steven Howard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Soffici View Post
No Steven I believe that he was told to run the warranty out, and then the bumpers would be replaced, free of charge. when said warranty ran out he was told to screw off.
If that's the case, that sucks. I've never dealt with WR, but have heard nothing but great things from others that use them. I know Hughes posts on these boards, so I've got a feeling if he sees this he'll make it right.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Howard View Post
So they refused to replace 3 yr old bumpers? Or did I read that wrong?
I had issues after a month. I contacted them to see why it was happening and they said this was a problem with the brass inserts that were on mine so they had changed to steal. I wanted them replaced since i was already having issues after a month. They said no problem, just wait it out as long as you can so they can replace all of them at once and save on shipping.

I agree, asking for a replacement in three year old bumpers would be ridiculous. One month old bumpers, not so much.

I probably wouldnt even be writting this post if it werent for the attitude on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Soffici View Post
Yep, exactly.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Howard View Post
If that's the case, that sucks. I've never dealt with WR, but have heard nothing but great things from others that use them. I know Hughes posts on these boards, so I've got a feeling if he sees this he'll make it right.
Thats who i talked to. I ordered from them specifically because of all the good things i had heard about their service. I had called and left messages twice with no call back already, so i guess i shouldnt have been expecting much.

Maybe he was just having a bad day. Their facebook page is full of people conplementing them on their good service, and my original purchase experience with them was very positive, so i must have just had some bad luck.

Oh well, not the end of the world. Running a business myself i know how one slip up can leave a bad taste in a customers mouth and from the lack of complaints i read about them im guessing it was an isolated incident....
Old 02-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
Dan Thomas

Profile:

Definitely considered buying from them before. Appreciate the note, Greg.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Thomas View Post
Definitely considered buying from them before. Appreciate the note, Greg.
Dan,

I would bet that youd be perfectly happy with your purchase from them as i assume 99 people out of 100 are. Just keep in mind my experience if you have warranty issues and get it taken care of right away.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
Eddie Dimaguila

Profile:

That sucks! Well FWIW Greg, you can always come over to my house and use my OFW's from Fringe! Just sayin'.

I'll have a rack soon too.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
Oakey Gaskill

Profile:

For what it's worth, I've ordered from Jason a couple times and have had a good experience both times. Just throwing it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Light View Post
Just got off the phone with Wright Rubber and wanted to post a thread about it to further enforce why people should buy from those who STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS.

Bought bumpers a while back from Wright Rubber. Full set of color bumpers.

They had the brass centers. About a month after I bought them I see that Wright changed to steel centers since people were having issues with the brass ones coming loose, which some of mine already were after a month of personal use.

I called Wright asking what gives and will you replace any bumpers that I have issues with. Their response "Absolutely, just wait until you are having issues with a good chunk of them so we don't spend a bunch of time and expense shipping them back and forth one at a time."

I said "No problem. I know these only have a one year warranty. I'm fine with using these until they are all unusable, but I don't want the warranty to run out."

Their response "No problem at all. We'll replace those brass insert ones whenever they go bad. Just keep using them until they're all ready to be replaced and then we'll send you out a replacement set."

Sounds great right? I finally got to the point of all of them being pretty trashed (3 years of solely my use) so I called them today.

Spoke to the same person (Jason Hughes) and basically he told it was a ridiculous request, it had been too long, he couldn't warranty those, tough luck and then hung up on me.

So I figured I would post these here so that people know what they might be in for if they buy from them. My business will be taken elsewhere from now on.

What really makes me mad about this is that I was trying to help them out and hold out for as long as possible since I know that when I first got my bumpers from them there were just starting out and cash flow is king when you're a new business.......Guess I got burned on that one.... oh well, lesson learned.

Buy from someone you know will stand behind their products.

Rant over....