CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Matt Thomas

Profile:
Re: Rogue Fitness bumpers

I didn't catch on that you'd be buying these from rogue at first, but I would recommend them to anybody. Their customer service is EXCELLENT.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #12
William Henniger

Profile:

Milan,

We have not had a pair returned from the field yet and that is the ultimate test. We do our best to beat the daylights out of them in our facility.

The HD steel sleeve in the center coupled with the increased thickness and footprint of the 10LB bumper seems to have been the perfect combo.

Thanks for all the compliments, we are working very hard to get better every day!

Bill
Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
Fern Webb

Profile:

I've had a tiny "blowout" near the hub on one of mine on the first workout. 45# bar + 10# plates, 45 clean and jerks dumping from the top.

To me it looks like there was a small void or poorly bonded pocket in just the right spot and it as the plate compressed on impact some of the material ripped apart like a blister popping. I wouldn't expect this kind of localized flaw to be systemic to all the plates the way the cracking failure of those smooth thin plates is.

It's not worth the effort of sending it back for a replacement to me. $30/pair is a consumable price. I will continue to smash it hard and see just what it takes to destroy the thing and report back.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
Shane McGrotty

Profile:

I wouldn't recommend repeatedly dropping a bar loaded with with only 10's over and over from the over head position.

That is what technique plates are MADE for... so if that is a weight you will be using for a long time, invest in some technique plates. If occasional abuse or you will be adding 25's on the inside to take the blow, then its fine.

check out http://www.crossfitequipmentreviews.com/ for technique plates, bars, and more.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #15
Andy Kauth

Profile:

We have used 10s from Rogue and another company. No problems with the Rogue 10s--never had a sleeve pop out, never blew one out, etc. The other company's "blew out" within a year. Go with Rogue.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #16
Jay Rhodes

Profile:

As far as bumpers go they are the most durable 10's I've seen.
I have a set of 45,25,10's. And our affiliate was going through 10's like crazy (some crappy brand) but switched to rogue 10's and basically no visible wear since they were bought.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:04 PM   #17
James Orr

Profile:

When dropped, mine definitely wobble. Picture jello bouncing. BUT there hasn't been any DAMAGE. Everything we have in the garage right now is from Rogue, but we didn't start that way. I can't wait to add more of their products.