CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #11
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:
Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Guys,

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=80506 (WFS)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #12
Jeremy Green

Profile:

I do find it mildly amusing that this thread was started by a spammer but turned into something constructive. As far as headphones go i love my motorola SD-10 HD. Got em at walmart. Stays in my ears no matter what!

Last edited by Jeremy Green : 02-21-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Green View Post
I do find it mildly amusing that this thread was started by a spammer but turned into something constructive. As far as headphones go i love my motorola SD-10 HD. Got em at walmart. Stays in my ears no matter what!
I suppose I could I try to get something out of this. I have cauliflower ear so not many ear buds fit very well (I don't like over the ear ones, those are rediculous). Anyone know anything before this thread gets closed?
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #14
Jay Taylor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
I suppose I could I try to get something out of this. I have cauliflower ear so not many ear buds fit very well (I don't like over the ear ones, those are rediculous). Anyone know anything before this thread gets closed?
I also have cauliflower ears. The Motorola s305 mentioned above are what I use. They are a small on-ear headphone with a behind the neck band. I am on my second pair. First pair lasted about 2.5 years before I ran into issues with charging.

I think that the headphones that OP/spammer posted have silicone tips. I usually have no problem getting those inside my ear. I, however, cannot fit earbuds in either ear (such as the stock iPhone headphones.)
Old 02-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
Take a basic set of iPhone or iPod earbuds (or a cheap equivalent) then get some of this stuff (WFS) and make a custom set. I've made two sets this way and the Sugru helps seal out external noise and provide a more secure fit. Just roll it into a short snake, wrap it around the edge of the earbuds, then put them in your ears and mold things so they fit you specifically. Let them set for about 30 minutes then remove them carefully and harden for ~24 hours and you'll be good. They'll still flex a little even when hardened but it's pretty tough material.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #16
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Taylor View Post
I also have cauliflower ears. The Motorola s305 mentioned above are what I use. They are a small on-ear headphone with a behind the neck band. I am on my second pair. First pair lasted about 2.5 years before I ran into issues with charging.

I think that the headphones that OP/spammer posted have silicone tips. I usually have no problem getting those inside my ear. I, however, cannot fit earbuds in either ear (such as the stock iPhone headphones.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Take a basic set of iPhone or iPod earbuds (or a cheap equivalent) then get some of this stuff (WFS) and make a custom set. I've made two sets this way and the Sugru helps seal out external noise and provide a more secure fit. Just roll it into a short snake, wrap it around the edge of the earbuds, then put them in your ears and mold things so they fit you specifically. Let them set for about 30 minutes then remove them carefully and harden for ~24 hours and you'll be good. They'll still flex a little even when hardened but it's pretty tough material.
Thanks both of you.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #17
Nicholas DaSilva

Profile:

currently enjoying the BlueBuds X paired to my new iPod Nano's, perfect combo for me and i've ran these buds through a gamet of anti-headphone movements: Burpees, HSPU's, overhead presses of all kinds, running, jump and even back tucks. All is good with the world with these things. Im sold.

- Nick