CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Ryan Guevara

Profile:
Re: DHS Training Bar

Hi Tom Nguyen and Trung Nguyen. Here's a little info I got from Bud Charniga of Dynamic-eleiko/Dynamicfitnessequipment.
The DHS-USA.com is an old website was made by Todd Lyons, who runs Dynamic-eleiko/Dynamicfitnessequipment on the West Coast. That website is pretty much no longer functional(phone number and email). Disregard any of those sweet prices you saw. Too bad.
Anyway, the price on their current website is still very good. Also cheers to Bud for responding to my email on a Sunday.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #12
Bryan Weingart

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Guevara View Post
Hi Bryan Weingart. Through email, Todd Lyons from Dynamic-eleiko informed me that physically both bars are identical. The only difference is that the International Training Bar is competition certified, thus the higher price point.

Thanks Ryan
Old 09-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #13
Trung Nguyen

Profile:

Quote:
Hi Tom Nguyen and Trung Nguyen. Here's a little info I got from Bud Charniga of Dynamic-eleiko/Dynamicfitnessequipment.
The DHS-USA.com is an old website was made by Todd Lyons, who runs Dynamic-eleiko/Dynamicfitnessequipment on the West Coast. That website is pretty much no longer functional(phone number and email). Disregard any of those sweet prices you saw. Too bad.
Anyway, the price on their current website is still very good. Also cheers to Bud for responding to my email on a Sunday.
Thanx. That explains the similarity between the 2 websites.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #14
Tom Nguyen

Profile:

Quote:
Now I have to reconsider whether I really need a dedicated OLY bar for my home gym when already paying big bucks to go to a box...
Old 09-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
Luke Conner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nguyen View Post
Now I have to reconsider whether I really need a dedicated OLY bar for my home gym when already paying big bucks to go to a box...
The answer to that question is yes :P
Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #16
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Well, once you get used to lifting with a decent bar, you won't want to go back to just lifting with any old bar.

I only lifted with some decent bars for about a month and a half before a 3 month break. After that break, I couldn't tell what it was like going back to whatever run of the mill bars that CF gym had. During that initial month and a half, I could tell what it was like to go back to a standard Rogue bar and wasn't too thrilled about doing so.

So far, I can't tell too much of a difference between a 28mm and a 28.5mm bar but any bigger than 28.5 and I start noticing it. Our hands are probably roughly the same size those yours are probably a bit bigger than mine.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #17
John C Corona

Profile:

Thanks for this thread. I also think it might be my next big bar, cause I've always wanted an Eleiko, and if this is almost the same for 1/2 price....then bamn...done!