CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Carl Israelsson

Profile:
my solution for all the Globo-Gym CrossFitters

Hey guys! I'm a trainer at a small swanky health club in southern California. I've seen a lot of people posting about adapting workouts to their Globo-Gym environment. For a while I have been experimenting with programming strategies to better conform to the unfortunate logistics of commercial gyms. It occurred to me that I have never seen any good fitness programming that specifically takes in to account the poor souls stuck in the big boxes. I put together this little site where I'll post programming that I use with my clients in my busy spa-gym. I hope this can help anyone frustrated with the logistics in their less than ideal facility. Take a look at theglobogymsolution.com
You must indicate whether your links are Work and Family Safe (WFS)
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
Bryan Hood

Profile:
Re: my solution for all the Globo-Gym CrossFitters

I don't get it. Honestly, and don't take this the wrong way, but it looks like to me that you're another NON-affiliate "globo gym" who's trying to get in on the CrossFit advantage. Anyone can do CF, anywhere, any time without being a CF affiliate. I get that. But I've seen more and more personal trainers, Boot Camps and "mirrors and machines" joints trying to do "High Intensity Training". Most of those folks just take CF workouts they find on the web and have their clients do them. They don't understand how the CF programming works, methodology or philosophy of CF. I could be completely wrong here but that's just my take when I go to your website.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Hood View Post
They don't understand how the CF programming works, methodology or philosophy of CF. I could be completely wrong here but that's just my take when I go to your website.
I would love to see someone post how the crossfit programming methodology works.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #4
Matt Thomas

Profile:

Yeah your workouts don't look that bad. I only looked at the first week, but from what I saw I'd follow it over mainpage. There seems to be decent thought put into not trying to monopolize too many parts of the gym at one time or utilizing equipmen that is easy to move to a single location so that is useful. For people who don't know much about programming, trying to do a normal WOD found online in a globo can be very challenging sometimes.

I also don't think there's anything about the workouts that is stealing from CF. Hard to steal from a system that hasn't invented anything.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Riddle View Post
I would love to see someone post how the crossfit programming methodology works.
Exactly!! Besides, throwing workouts half-heartedly together sounds like a large number of affiliates anyways....unfortunately.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Christensen View Post
Exactly!! Besides, throwing workouts half-heartedly together sounds like a large number of affiliates anyways....unfortunately.
Majority maybe?

For the record, I do some workouts in a globo and there are ways to make some work. Some are just not going to happen. Barbell complexes are a great choice for anyone stuck in the globo.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #7
Tim Humphrey

Profile:

crossfit programming methodology= complete randomization of workouts with no rhyme or reason.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Jay Mulder

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Hood View Post
I don't get it. Honestly, and don't take this the wrong way, but it looks like to me that you're another NON-affiliate "globo gym" who's trying to get in on the CrossFit advantage. Anyone can do CF, anywhere, any time without being a CF affiliate. I get that. But I've seen more and more personal trainers, Boot Camps and "mirrors and machines" joints trying to do "High Intensity Training". Most of those folks just take CF workouts they find on the web and have their clients do them. They don't understand how the CF programming works, methodology or philosophy of CF. I could be completely wrong here but that's just my take when I go to your website.
What is so wrong with the programming? Can you be more specific?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:38 PM   #9
Jonathan Vechet

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Thomas View Post
I also don't think there's anything about the workouts that is stealing from CF. Hard to steal from a system that hasn't invented anything.
I could have sworn CrossFit invented rhabdomyolysis, and that no elite athletes existed before the invention of CrossFit.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
Jose M. Perez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Riddle View Post
Here's Glassman's explanation of Crossfit programming: http://journal.crossfit.com/2003/02/...-for-cross.tpl (WFS)