CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Freddie Swenson

Profile:
Whats the deal with WestSide?!

So I was looking for a good strength program to implement with WODs, I was up in the air between the usual suspects...70s big, GSLP, and WestSide. I decided to go with WestSide cause it seemed to be the best one for me to add in MetCons with. I was just wondering if anyone was doing this same sort of programming and how it was working for you. Also if there was anyone who can tell me the rep scheme and sets and what not. Well please let me know what knowledge you have on WestSide and your thoughts on it compared to everything else.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Paulo Santos

Profile:
Re: Whats the deal with WestSide?!

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=72390
You must indicate whether your links are Work and Family Safe. Even the Board's posts.
And look at my blog for ideas. Been doing it for a few months now with great results.

FYI: Nearly half the threads here in the Fitness Section are about Westside, so look at some of the threads. Also check out CrossFit strength, LiftStrongRunFast, and CrossFit Fairbanks.

Last edited by Paulo Santos; 01-02-2012 at 12:14 PM..
Old 01-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
Tim Nakashima

Profile:

Have you tried the search function yet?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Freddie Swenson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=72390

And look at my blog for ideas. Been doing it for a few months now with great results.

FYI: Nearly half the threads here in the Fitness Section are about Westside, so look at some of the threads. Also check out CrossFit strength, LiftStrongRunFast, and CrossFit Fairbanks.
Thanks Paulo I'll definitely check out your blog and those websites thanks.

And no Tim I have been perusing around google looking at different websites about it but I'll skim the search results for sure
Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

There are 3 or 4 Westside threads floating around. Chris Mason and Rick Scarpulla help teach the CF powerlifting certs, so look for their posts too.

Paulo, myself and several others have followed some form of it. So look at posts by us too.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
Freddie Swenson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fabsik View Post
There are 3 or 4 Westside threads floating around. Chris Mason and Rick Scarpulla help teach the CF powerlifting certs, so look for their posts too.

Paulo, myself and several others have followed some form of it. So look at posts by us too.
Ok cool thanks, well i gotta thank Paulo cause now I am pretty sure Im gonna stick with LiftStrongRunFast's programming on the main site and see how I fare with that
Old 01-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Matt Hemphill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Swenson View Post
Ok cool thanks, well i gotta thank Paulo cause now I am pretty sure Im gonna stick with LiftStrongRunFast's programming on the main site and see how I fare with that
Freddie,
The LSRF programming is very good. I trained there for 2.5 years. It is a good strength program that does not loose met conditioning. Scott has been going through some transitions and I would expect him to be better about updating the site in the future.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Ross Dijulio

Profile:

I incorporated westside programming in september, and I have seen some good results. Although they are slower than expected the program is a lot of fun.