CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 04-01-2014, 05:02 AM   #1
Alexey Rashevskiy

Profile:
Lightbulb Personal iPhone timer/logger

Hi guys,

I just finished my iPhone timer for interval trainings. And want to share it with you.
Last summer I joined CrossFit Dublin and wasn't able to find a good iPhone app for personal training.

So I made a neat, handy iPhone app (iOS 7 only) where you can build almost any CrossFit workout. It isn't just a timer, it also logs workout results, so you can check how long did it take last time to complete Fran WOD.

The app isn't released yet but I'm looking for testers for it. All beta-testers will receive full version of app after official release. In return I'd like to hear your honest feedback, critics, suggestions etc. Not that much

You can find more information about my app and sign-up for beta-tests at No marketing or advertising on the message board!
If you have any questions - I'm here to answer them
Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: png FitHit_Screenshot_small.png (56.3 KB, 521 views)

Last edited by Alexey Rashevskiy : 04-01-2014 at 05:18 AM.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
Greg Warren

Profile:
Re: Personal iPhone timer/logger

Love the look of it. For simplicity purposes, I would like to see a timer app that allows for mic input to signify completing a round or set of something. Let's say I'm doing Fran, when I finish my 21 thrusters I yell "Next" and it starts timing my pullups, then "Next" moves it to my round of 15. Something like that. Not sure if this is even possible within the iOS API framework, but it would be pretty badass.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:19 AM   #3
Alexey Rashevskiy

Profile:

Greg,

thanks for input. That's an awesome idea. I'll definitely investigate such option and will try to add it in the future release. It isn't easy thing to implement but it will be a great feature.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
Rick H Larson

Profile:

Very nice looking app! I signed up my email and look forward to eventually being able to play with this. After having used Seconds Pro as my primary timer for a couple years now I have a few suggestions that would quickly make me drop that for your app. First and foremost please be sure this is fully compatible with the iPad and that the alarm sounds are sufficiently loud. Additionally, my biggest complaint with Seconds Pro is there is no normal stopwatch... It's only intervals and countdowns. This drives me nuts as I have to wear my watch for any workout that is for time. While this doesn't sound like a big deal I've had watches take significant blows from kettlebells during KB snatches. Watches aren't a fan of 53-70#s worth of impact...

Old 04-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Alexey Rashevskiy

Profile:

Hi Rick,

thanks for subscribing for the beta. You'll definitely receive invite. I just need to collect enough testers so I can build and distribute a beta.

Regarding your points and suggestions:
- iPad version: unfortunately at this stage I don't have iPad version. Creating an iPad version requires more time and money investment and not that many people use iPads in gym. However I'd consider to release it, thanks for advice.
- There is a stopwatch. If I'm right you'd like to know how much time you've spent for WOD like: 3 sets of: (20 KB swings, 400m run, 20 wall ball shots). If this is the case - yes, app supports that.
- I'd love to hear your opinion on alarm sound after you try the app. If it is too quiet, please tell me and I'll do my best to increase it (well, we have some hardware limitations here).

Old 04-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #6
Steven Ngo

Profile:

one thing i rarely see in timer apps (and have only recently found one that does) is an integrated rep/round counter.

so let's say for Cindy, you've got the 20 minute timer, and then you tap to count/mark a round. that way you don't need separate pen & paper handy to mark.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
Alexey Rashevskiy

Profile:

Hi Steven,

indeed my app supports that. It even comes with pre-installed Cindy workout.
By double-tapping on screen you can finish current exercise (for Cindy case, when you have limited number of reps to be done).

Old 04-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #8
Jason Marceaux

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey Rashevskiy View Post
Hi guys,

I just finished my iPhone timer for interval trainings. And want to share it with you.
Last summer I joined CrossFit Dublin and wasn't able to find a good iPhone app for personal training.

So I made a neat, handy iPhone app (iOS 7 only) where you can build almost any CrossFit workout. It isn't just a timer, it also logs workout results, so you can check how long did it take last time to complete Fran WOD.

The app isn't released yet but I'm looking for testers for it. All beta-testers will receive full version of app after official release. In return I'd like to hear your honest feedback, critics, suggestions etc. Not that much

You can find more information about my app and sign-up for beta-tests at FitHIT website http://fithit.co (WFS)

If you have any questions - I'm here to answer them
Cheers.

Attachment 13311
I would like to beta test. On your website is says to email you, but I could only see the "subscribe" button. I did subscribe, but see no way to send you an email. Thanks.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #9
Alexey Rashevskiy

Profile:

Hi jason,

thanks for pointing that issue.
Actually on the website it is written:
Quote:
Send us your email and we will keep you informed and may include you to our beta-testers list.
But I think text is too long and "Subscribe" label on the button is a bit misleading.
I'll change it.

But no worries, that is exactly what you need to do - fill email field on the website and press "subscribe" button.

I'll send instructions how to install beta build when I have enough testers. It will probably take another day or two.

Cheers,
Alexey.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #10
Jason Marceaux

Profile:

Thanks