CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #111
Michael Dries

Profile:
Re: Renegade Diet

I don't take BCAA's either but I recall reading that post workout protein/carbs aren't needed for low intensity steady state cardio when following something like Carb Backloading, which is very similar to the Renegade Diet.. I'd probably skip the BCAAs as well.

If this is a "jog", something like 8-10 minute miles, then you're probably okay.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #112
Phil Washlow

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare Vodusek View Post
Ok, will do.

One more question. Im thinking about adding about 30mins of running in the morning. Just to keep my endurance in shape, I dont plan to do any sprints or uphill running, just a good old steady run. Is doing a pre and after BCAA mandatory? Or lets say I finish running right before my first meal, is pre BCAA mandatory then? Or is running not exhausting enough for muscles, so BCAA is not needed?
BCAAs are beneficial to prevent muscle catabolism when you're working out in a fasted state. Pretty much saving your body from feeding on any of its muscle tissue. If you're just light jogging I imagine you'll be just fine without it. If you're eating right after then you definitely don't need it.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #113
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

Yea, its almost a "jog" indeed, because my endurance is very poor and I try to improve it.

But my heart rate can go very high when doing it, 160-170 easily (32 years old), so Im not sure this falls under "low intensity steady state cardio"
Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #114
Michael Dries

Profile:

What's the consensus of fasting until noonish with and without coconut oil shots prior?

I'm of the opinion that once calories hit your blood stream you'll burn dietary fat rather than stored fat. Has anyone tried both, completely fasted or with a BF coffee for instance?

I'll probably just give it a go this month. I'm keeping my calories the same and if the calipers move in the wrong direction at the end of the month we know what my body does with the dietary fat, pre-fast.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #115
Joseph Regan

Profile:

I have done both. I cant absolutely, positively tell you that the BP coffee was breaking my fast. If you fast and only consume coffee with a couple tablespoons of cream you will notice night and day differences compared to fasting with the bp coffee. I have found it doesnt take many calories to break your fast and BP coffee 100% does.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #116
Michael Dries

Profile:

How do you feel that makes you believe it breaks the fast, or rather shifts you out of burning stored fat vs dietary fat?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #117
Joseph Regan

Profile:

I compare how tight i am when i eat my first solid meal. I feel much tighter and feel like i am in a fat burning state when i dont consume the BP coffee.. I also notice visible changes in regards to abs showing, face, and fat loss areas.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #118
Phil Washlow

Profile:

I have done both and found better results using the BP coffee.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #119
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

I've been doing this for three weeks probably. Still go out on the weekends and drink (mostly just liquor and water) and have a cheat meal, probably don't follow the diet as strict Sat-Sun, and I'm already seeing results. So glad I did this. My upper abs are starting to show, still have the lower abdominal fat but hopefully it's slowly shrinking. My weight hasn't fluctuated at all and I'm not starving myself. Actually keep PRing on all my lifts in GSLP weekly. Go glad I gave this a try.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #120
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Glad to hear Jayme.