CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-13-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
Dwayne Reagan

Profile:
Best Supplement Companies for Crossfit

What are the best companies to go with for BCAAs and OMEGAs for supplements? I have the MusclePharm brand for BCAAs and the GNC for OMEGA 3 and glutamine. Are there any better companies out there for these supplements?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
David Hansen

Profile:
Re: Best Supplement Companies for Crossfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne Reagan View Post
What are the best companies to go with for BCAAs and OMEGAs for supplements?
Bessie The Cow(tm) and Sammy The Salmon(tm) from the supplement company The Earth(tm) will provide you with all the BCAAs and EFAs you need. Eat delicious cows and yummy fatty fish. Unless you have a medical disorder that prevents you from producing pepsin and bile salts, of course.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

I know you can get BCAA's from Chris Mason at At Large Nutrition. He frequents these boards regularly and is a very helpful and knowledgeable guy.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

I have been using At Large Nutrition for years and absolutely love their products and how the company is run. Not many supplement companies will respond to your questions about their products, especially not the owner/person who created the products.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
Chris Mason

Profile:

Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Dwayne, the brands you mentioned are fine. My argument for my products is that they are of equal or superior quality, we support the CrossFit community to the financial degree possible (for us), I personally frequent these forums, write for the journal, and am a member of Louie Simmons' CF cert team.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Christopher G. Woods

Profile:

For Omega 3's, try Stronger Faster Healthier's fish oil. Highest concentration I've seen (2.5 grams EFA's per teaspoon).
Old 10-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
Steve Liberati

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Dwayne, the brands you mentioned are fine. My argument for my products is that they are of equal or superior quality, we support the CrossFit community to the financial degree possible (for us), I personally frequent these forums, write for the journal, and am a member of Louie Simmons' CF cert team.
Chris, would you still do everything you mentioned if you didn't own a supplement company?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #8
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Liberati View Post
Chris, would you still do everything you mentioned if you didn't own a supplement company?
Well, yes and no. I met Louie through my company and that, of course, turned me on to Westside training methodology and it was also through Louie that I came to know CrossFit. When CF HQ first contacted Louie to do his certs he asked me to come help. The first cert was really my main introduction to CrossFit and I was really, really impressed. I also met Mike, the man who handles the journal's content at that cert so my writing for the journal came out of that.

Now, in terms of motivation, yes, I really enjoy spreading the word about Westside training and I also truly believe in what I sell. Prior to starting AtLarge I was a published author in the fitness genre and had a passion for spreading the word about what I consider the best training methods.

So, if you are asking if I only do all of that because of AtLarge the answer is no, but AtLarge HAS provided me the access and platform to do a lot of what I do. Does that make sense?

To further back my intentions I would tell you to ask anyone that has met me at the certs. I think my passion for training, nutrition, and supplementation comes out pretty clearly there and it is evident I do this stuff because I love it. I can also honestly say I really love working with the CrossFit community. You guys and gals are so receptive and eager to do work it is just a great experience.

Hope that answers your question?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
Steve Liberati

Profile:

Thanks Chris.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #10
Robert Fabsik

Profile:

Let me add another thumb's up for Chris and At Large Nutrition. Have been happy with their service and his help on this board.

I'll also remind folks that he offers a discount for CrossFitters using the code CFF.