CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Henning Danielsen

Profile:
Android app for calculating your rep max

I wrote a simple app for my Android phone to calculate 1 to 10 rep max based on a previous lift. For example, say you had a 3 rep back squat, put in 3 reps and the weight lifted and it will calculate you 1RM, 2RM... up to 10RM. Currently it rounds to the closest 2.5 (kilos, pounds or whatever). Haven't seen any other Android app that does this.

Back when I was mostly powerlifting I used a spreadsheet that did this for planning my workouts, figured it would be practical to have it on a phone.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in trying it out, you can download here: http://www.doidapp.com/RepMaxCalculator.apk (WFS, it's the application package itself). You'd be right in being skeptical about downloading software for your Android outside of the Market, but the installer on your Android is quite secure, and when installing you'll notice that the installer doesn't notify you of anything the app needs access to, because it doesn't access anything...

The reason it's not in Android Market is because it's quite limited and looks horrible. Don't want bad reviews for something that right now just does exactly what I need.

I've got some ideas for additional features, but won't bother if there's no interest. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Henning Danielsen : 01-27-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Henning Danielsen

Profile:
Re: Android app for calculator you rep max

Ok, no overwhelming enthusiasm

I've got some friends requesting the app, so I put it on the Android Market now to allow for easy installation. You can get it here: RepMax Calculator on Market (wfs). If you've got the barcode scanner app installed, you can also install by going to this site and reading the barcode there: www.doidapp.com (wfs)

I've also added a quick and easy way to convert between kilos, pounds, pood and bodyweight percentage.

After the Android Market was updated I've found a couple of other apps doing more or less the same thing, but this is the only one that's free and doesn't access the internet.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
Seth Spritz

Profile:

Hello Henning, I don't have an android enabled device but am curious about what assumptions you needed to make to calculate 1 rep max from a given set of max reps and if this can be ported back to a spreadsheet app?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:15 AM   #4
Henning Danielsen

Profile:
Re: Android app for calculating you rep max

Hi Seth,

Sure, it's just a set of coefficients used for 1RM to 10RM. I threw together a quick Excel file for you. Hopefully the attachment works. You can see the coefficients used on the second sheet.

I can't remember where these numbers are from, probably from some internet site or book. I've been using these for around 10 years. There are other sets of coefficients you can use, some made for specific exercises too, but this has worked out OK for me for typical strength exercises.
Attached Files
File Type: email RepMax Calculator.xls (33.5 KB, 236 views)
Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Just downloaded it to my droid. Looking forward to using it. Thanks!