CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 10-24-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
Kyal Sheumack

Profile:
The Call Out - Tahoe Throwdown!

Anyone else loving the Tahoe Throwdown?

So much love for Kristan Clever.
"Weight stays on the bar. We're gonna do five squat clean thruster and then run up to that tree right there...three rounds."

That's how you call someone out!

It'll be interesting to see what everyone can take seeing some of the best go head to head in regards to team wods and strategy.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Troy Stinson

Profile:
Re: The Call Out - Tahoe Throwdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyal Sheumack View Post
Anyone else loving the Tahoe Throwdown?

So much love for Kristan Clever.
"Weight stays on the bar. We're gonna do five squat clean thruster and then run up to that tree right there...three rounds."

That's how you call someone out!

It'll be interesting to see what everyone can take seeing some of the best go head to head in regards to team wods and strategy.
Yea, these videos are fking awesome.. Looking forward to more posts.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Great vids. The Barber slide into the bar was (but man am I starting to hate this word) epic.

- Mark
Old 10-24-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
Kyal Sheumack

Profile:

Yeah! I can't fault Pat. He's become the yard-stick that reminds me of everything that I'm not. We share similar age and height... and that's where the similarities end... he posts numbers that I feel compelled to chase.
I used to think he was sore-loser, constantly on the brink of having a tanty but I'm now convinced that he embodies everything that is great about crossfit; the never say die attitude, constant pursuit of progress/improvement and a willingness to put his body on the line to accomplish things.

How was Froning's form taking on the champ! So solid overhead! Insane choice for an AMRAP if you're recovering from a tweaked back. Graham Holmberg seemed pretty absolutely gassed. I wonder how much can be attributed to his cold. It just does to show how much the event can determine the results of a competition.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

YES, I am loving these. It makes me amped up to dig in even more, to get myself in shape to start doing competitions.
Absolutely agree on the bar slide being epic, I cannot believe he wasn't hurt.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Paul Victor French

Profile:

I honestly don't think anyone was beating Froning in that wod, not even Speal. His overhead squats didn't seem to be slowing down at all.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
Kyal Sheumack

Profile:

Anyone else see some serious range of motion issues with the call out posted today? 225lb backsquat, 20 (questionable??) reps for time.

(http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C..._Backsquat.wmv / http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C..._Backsquat.mov LINKS WFS)

Does anyone know which WOD they are talking about when they were commenting on these two going at it during the roadtrip?

Talk about any easy week in regards to finding motivation to take with you to training!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Does anyone know which WOD they are talking about when they were commenting on these two going at it during the roadtrip?
From what I can put together from several clips where they are talking about it, when Dave recently moved cross country they did a bunch of wods along the way, and stopped and made a journey of it basically. They filmed a ton of it and are putting together, or did put together (and I can't find it if they posted it) much of it.

Some great stuff coming from Tahoe, that's for sure.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #9
Thomas Green

Profile:

Quote:
Anyone else see some serious range of motion issues with the call out posted today? 225lb backsquat, 20 (questionable??) reps for time.

(http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C..._Backsquat.wmv / http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/C..._Backsquat.mov LINKS WFS)

Talk about any easy week in regards to finding motivation to take with you to training!
I didn't see any serious issues, but did think it was silly that they didn't count some of Orlando's reps but counted all of Lipsons. Both their ROM seemed pretty similar to me.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #10
Sheldon Danley

Profile:

Tony Budding said during his commentary at the CF/USAW Open that Lipson and Orlando and some others made a drive through Cali, stopping at multiple affiliates on the way and completing challenges/WODs. He said it should make for some "epic" (his favorite word apparantly) Journal videos in the near future. I'm assuming that the 225# back squats for 20 reps was one of those challenges.

As for the range of motion issues...I think they were both getting depth, but the judges were asking for a full opening of the hip and Orlando was clearly not doing so. Personally, I think a full opening of the hip on a back squat is silly because you have to move the bar out from over the middle of the foot, which is the most stable and safe position. When you open up all the way, the bar is moved back over the heels (or else you are leaning way forward to compensate).