CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Greg D Hamilton

Profile:
Hamilton Progess

I just finished a month of GOMAD/SS and went from 167ish to 184ish. I was shooting for mid 180's and it might take another week or two of GOMAD down the road to get me a bit heavier to be able to sustain that. We'll see.

I'd always been skinny, at 6'2" I'd never weighed over 170. It got kind of addicting waking up every morning, weighing myself, and seeing the gains. I don't feel all that bigger though. I can see my traps & back as being bigger, and I know my legs have grown, but other than that I don't see a whole lot. Wish I had taken pictures along the way...

I've had to buy new boxers and I'm looking for new jeans because my legs have gotten bigger, but my waist is still the same. Also, the top button on a few dress shirts no longer button (luckily I usually don't wear a tie to work).

At start of a month of GOMAD/SS:
Squat: 3x5 @ 155
Push Press: 3x5 @ 95
Bench Press: 3x5 @ 165
Power Clean: 5x3 @ 105
Deadlift: 1x5 @ 155

After a month of GOMAD/SS:
Squat: 3x5 @ 225
Push Press: 3x5 @ 145
Bench Press: 3x5 @ 205
Power Clean: 5x3 @ 155
Deadlift: 1x5 @ 245 - still kinda hesitant on these, dunno why.

My squat and deadlift still seem out of whack compared to my bench.

I usually did some pull ups/chin ups, which actually felt easier as the weeks went by. Towards the end I'd do a few sets of 10 L chins

I'm planning on moving into a CF/SS hybrid this week. I'll probably do SS Mon/Thur and some CF Tues & Fri or Sat. Hopefully I'll keep making gains with my lifts and increase fitness. I'm sure my running is going to be terrible at the start.

I'm going to stick to about a half gallon of milk a day and see how that goes as well.

More to come.