CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #31
Justin McGinley

Profile:
Re: alyson's log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson Terranova View Post
Today ends 6 full weeks of strict Paleo Zone eating. It's done wonders with how I feel and perform during workouts now. I'll definitely continue to eat Paleo Zone but will be playing around with it some, dropping some carbs, adding some more protein, etc...I'm reading up on exactly how I want to proceed but have a little time to figure it out. Now I wish that I had before and after pictures to post because I know they would be completely different. Oh well.
Fewer carbs and much more fat is the ticket.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 AM   #32
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Well I'm back London was great...freezing but great. My sister and I have a very random tradition following us that the first time we visit someplace new together, there is an arctic blast of some sort. The first time we went to California there was a cold from from Alaska so it was only in the 40's and low 50's the entire time (supposed to be in the 60's and 70's). When we went to Sedona this past March, there was a major snow storm the day before we got there and it was cold the whole time (again, supposed to be in the 60's and 70's). In London, of course, there was a lovely arctic blast leaving the temperature at just above freezing to very low 40's (we were planning on upper 40's lower 50's which, while still cold is not 32). Thankfully we didn't get rained on much, only really had to use our umbrellas for about an hour one day, and all of our day trips were done to beautiful sunny skies. Due to the ridiculous cold, I am now addicted to Starbucks Americano's as I had them throughout the day to keep warm on our walking adventures. Overall, it was a wonderful time, I'll post some pictures later today or tomorrow (thankfully I don't have to be back at work until Monday!).

On the food front, I did pretty well, in big part to buying breakfast at a grocery store (sheep's milk yogurt, berries of some sort, and some deli turkey) and to Pret for lunch...their food is amazing Found out though that I do enjoy a good scone, and having high tea is fun and yummy!

I did manage to get two workouts in while away. I was planning on working out Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, which would give me a rest day on my travel home day and then get back into it at the Tribe today. That didn't work 'cause I thought I was getting sick (which happens to me all the time on vacation) so it only wound up being two, but it's all good. I also did a ton of walking around everywhere we visited.

I won't be posting food logs until Sunday or Monday probably. I have no good food in the house right now and Saturday will be Thanksgiving for me Here are my workouts though:

Sunday 11/30/08

75 knee push ups
75 thigh touches (1+1=1)
75 squats

11:15

This workout was done in my tiny hotel room while my sister was getting ready for the day. It was about 8:30 in the morning and I was very tired (I had been extremely exhausted up to this point on the trip). A QVC type show was on in the background, which was weird and not motivating to workout to. I wanted sub 10, but didn't get it. I think the sleepiness combined with not eating how I had been played a part, but I did get through it. Later on in the day I started feeling worse and thought I was getting sick...thankfully I didn't get too bad.

Tuesday 12/2/08

21-15-9
Single leg Romanian dead lifts (1+1=1) 9kg (19.8lbs) each hand
burpees

10:11

This workout was post walking around Oxford for about 6 hours. I did this workout in the gym at the hotel...it was a decent gym as far as hotel gyms go. I was the only one in there and it was silent...I miss having music...and of course I didn't remember my sport thing for my iPod so that I could have had music...oh well. My sets for my SLRDL went like this:

Alternating right leg then left leg, same amount of reps:
21 - 10, 6, 5
15 - 8, 7
9 - 5, 4

I have more balance with my left leg which is why the sets are broken the way they are, I just kept losing my balance when using my right leg. These are always fun to try to do for time...

My burpees were better than expected. With the exception of a stop around number 14 or 15 during the set of 21 for a nice deep breath, these went well and just about unbroken, though slow.

All in all a good workout.

Ok, this is was too long...
Old 12-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #33
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Welcome back. I am jealous of your vacation. I haven't been on that side of the pond in 4 years now. I need to change that. I love the 3x75 workout. The last 10 movements of each set are always killer. It is why I hate/love Angie. It goes from easy to hard to easy to hard to eay to hard as you go from movement to movement.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #34
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGinley View Post
Welcome back. I am jealous of your vacation. I haven't been on that side of the pond in 4 years now. I need to change that. I love the 3x75 workout. The last 10 movements of each set are always killer. It is why I hate/love Angie. It goes from easy to hard to easy to hard to eay to hard as you go from movement to movement.
Yeah, the last of the movements were killer...especially the push-ups...I really need to get better at them, I should be better at them by now...

12/4/08

Chelsea for 20 minutes
5 purple band pull ups
10 push ups (knee)
15 squats

I know that I made it through the first 9 rounds completing all movements. After that I finished two more rounds (round 15 I think, and I finished round 20). I got through all of my pull ups each round and for the most part finished my push ups, some rounds started squats. It was the push ups again that killed me. They take me the most time. It was a nice metcon to come back to.

On a positive note, I finally, and randomly figured out how to link my pull-ups together on the purple band. Up until today, all of my pull-ups would be singles, I would do them pretty quickly, but needed to reset myself between each pull up. Randomly during the first round today I just started stringing them together So I was happy with that...the later rounds were done as singles though.

Time to figure out what I'll be making for the coming week so I can go grocery shopping tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #35
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

WELCOME BACK!

So jealous, I wanna go to London!! Way to keep it up (as expected!) and yes I WANT PICTURES!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #36
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Friday 12/5/08

Rest Day

Saturday 12/6/08

Dead Lifts 5x3
95/115/135/145/155

These were supposed to be max effort, but weren't for me. 155 felt great going up...had slight issue on the 3rd attempt when I put the weight down, which was an issue I was having the last time I dead lifted. It was good it wasn't until the 3rd attempt (back feels fine though)...would love to see if I could hit 205x1 again, as that is my PR.

Press

45x5/65x5
75x1/85xfx2/80xfx2

This was definitely not a good day for me...current PR is 82.5 (ha) but I have gotten 80.

3 Rounds:
10 20in box jumps
10 burpees

4:25

Man did my legs hurt on the third round.

Overall impressions...I really need to get back to eating paleo zone. It's been too long (not that I've been horrible) and I'm craving good healthy food. I finally went food shopping yesterday, but won't be cooking until tomorrow It's been way too long since I've PR'ed on anything. It's been since the end of September since I've PR'ed in a squat, press, or dead (cleans, thrusters, push press and push jerks were somewhere in October and beginning of November). My metcons have definitely improved and I've set PR's in those when we randomly repeat them, so that's a nice thing, but my strength is just not there for some reason...I need to take care of that.

Now it's time for Thanksgiving...
Old 12-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #37
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Friday 12/5/08

Rest Day

Saturday 12/6/08

Dead Lifts 5x3
95/115/135/145/155

These were supposed to be max effort, but weren't for me. 155 felt great going up...had slight issue on the 3rd attempt when I put the weight down, which was an issue I was having the last time I dead lifted. It was good it wasn't until the 3rd attempt (back feels fine though)...would love to see if I could hit 205x1 again, as that is my PR.

Press

45x5/65x5
75x1/85xfx2/80xfx2

This was definitely not a good day for me...current PR is 82.5 (ha) but I have gotten 80.

3 Rounds:
10 20in box jumps
10 burpees

4:25

Man did my legs hurt on the third round.

Overall impressions...I really need to get back to eating paleo zone. It's been too long (not that I've been horrible) and I'm craving good healthy food. I finally went food shopping yesterday, but won't be cooking until tomorrow It's been way too long since I've PR'ed on anything. It's been since the end of September since I've PR'ed in a squat, press, or dead (cleans, thrusters, push press and push jerks were somewhere in October and beginning of November). My metcons have definitely improved and I've set PR's in those when we randomly repeat them, so that's a nice thing, but my strength is just not there for some reason...I need to take care of that.

Now it's time for Thanksgiving...
I'm startin' Zone/Paleo on Monday Any advice would be much appreciated!

And don't go so hard on yourself, vacations are necessary!

Enjoy Thanksgiving !
Old 12-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #38
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Aurelio View Post
I'm startin' Zone/Paleo on Monday Any advice would be much appreciated!

And don't go so hard on yourself, vacations are necessary!
Yay for paleo/zone! Good luck with that...I have recipes, but they all have meat in them...but maybe you could figure out a good sub for them so that they will work for you. Also, just stick it out...the first week or two are tough mentally, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's not being hard on myself because of my vacation, I know I needed that...it's just frustrating to not have PR'ed in anything strength since September...kind of disheartening is all...I'm sure it will turn around.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #39
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Yay for paleo/zone! Good luck with that...I have recipes, but they all have meat in them...but maybe you could figure out a good sub for them so that they will work for you. Also, just stick it out...the first week or two are tough mentally, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

It's not being hard on myself because of my vacation, I know I needed that...it's just frustrating to not have PR'ed in anything strength since September...kind of disheartening is all...I'm sure it will turn around.
KEEP A CHIN UP! You'll get it
Old 12-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #40
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Sunday 12/7/08

Mainpage WOD with Erin and Steve (with a few subs):

AMRAP in 20 minutes:
15 purple band pull-ups
15 ring knee push-ups
15 45lb good mornings
10 barbell rollouts

5 ring push-ups (went out of order at times) short of 5 full rounds...

Man this workout sucked...my shoulders/arms hurt and were shaking long after it was over...couldn't drive for a bit..ha. The good mornings were the best part of this workout...kind of like a break!

Before this workout I was playing around and attempting a kipping pull-up. I got so close! Closest I've ever gotten (and on more than one attempt). Got my chin parallel with the bar Yay!!! Hopefully I'll have a pull-up before the new year...that's a goal. I'll be making sure to try some during my warm ups each time at the gym. Hopefully I'll be able to reach my goal of Fran Rxd soon!

Now it's time to figure out my blocks for the week...I made so much good food earlier, I can't wait to try it all!