CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #21
Alyson Terranova

Profile:
Re: alyson's log

Ahhh...I'm so tired...it'll be nap time soon...

Friday was a much needed rest day! My food was better:

6:00 - coffee
7:10 - breakfast with mixed berries
9:30 - ginger tea
9:50 - 1 oz cranberry orange chicken with 1/2 cup spaghetti squash (so good, but I forgot my macadamia nuts at home, so no fat block)
12:20 - 3 oz fajita chicken with 2 blocks peppers and onions; 1/2 apple
4:00 - Americano with cinnamon (exhausted again)
6:50 - ~3 1/2 oz cranberry orange chicken (had ~ 1/2 block carbs); ~1 block cauliflower and asparagus (4 stalks) mixed with 1 tsp butter; ~1 block celery onion and carrots (left over from pot roast earlier in the week); 3 macadamia nuts (this was a random dinner of whatever I had in the house)

Saturday 11/22/08

'Grace' as Rxd at 85lbs - 7:50

Technically it's a PR, I did it last with 75lbs and that took me 5:53 (10/5/08). It's amazing what 10 extra pounds add to this workout. For my first couple of reps, I did not pull aggressively enough and for what should have been my 4th rep, I failed twice before remembering to pull more aggressively and make sure that I shrug. Then I failed on rep 26 on the jerk, so had to redo that one as well. Want to do this again in about a month because I wasted time in the beginning when I failed, I know I can get back to my time for 75lbs at least, probably faster than that. Erin was awesome getting a PR of over a minute!!!

Then rock climbing! So much fun, but my grip is shot. Will be front squatting or something similar that doesn't require a grip tomorrow at open gym.

My food so far for today:

8:40 - Americano (thanks Erin!)
9:30ish - 3 hard boiled eggs; some mixed berries, and Erin's awesome chocolate chip mint 'ice cream!!' and some Grumpy Monkey coffee from Erin too.
1:45 - 3 total blocks of steak with peppers, onions, and arame

It's nap time!
Old 11-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #22
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson Terranova View Post
Ahhh...I'm so tired...it'll be nap time soon...

Friday was a much needed rest day! My food was better:

6:00 - coffee
7:10 - breakfast with mixed berries
9:30 - ginger tea
9:50 - 1 oz cranberry orange chicken with 1/2 cup spaghetti squash (so good, but I forgot my macadamia nuts at home, so no fat block)
12:20 - 3 oz fajita chicken with 2 blocks peppers and onions; 1/2 apple
4:00 - Americano with cinnamon (exhausted again)
6:50 - ~3 1/2 oz cranberry orange chicken (had ~ 1/2 block carbs); ~1 block cauliflower and asparagus (4 stalks) mixed with 1 tsp butter; ~1 block celery onion and carrots (left over from pot roast earlier in the week); 3 macadamia nuts (this was a random dinner of whatever I had in the house)

Saturday 11/22/08

'Grace' as Rxd at 85lbs - 7:50

Technically it's a PR, I did it last with 75lbs and that took me 5:53 (10/5/08). It's amazing what 10 extra pounds add to this workout. For my first couple of reps, I did not pull aggressively enough and for what should have been my 4th rep, I failed twice before remembering to pull more aggressively and make sure that I shrug. Then I failed on rep 26 on the jerk, so had to redo that one as well. Want to do this again in about a month because I wasted time in the beginning when I failed, I know I can get back to my time for 75lbs at least, probably faster than that. Erin was awesome getting a PR of over a minute!!!

Then rock climbing! So much fun, but my grip is shot. Will be front squatting or something similar that doesn't require a grip tomorrow at open gym.

My food so far for today:

8:40 - Americano (thanks Erin!)
9:30ish - 3 hard boiled eggs; some mixed berries, and Erin's awesome chocolate chip mint 'ice cream!!' and some Grumpy Monkey coffee from Erin too.
1:45 - 3 total blocks of steak with peppers, onions, and arame

It's nap time!
You did amazinggggg

And we make a pretty kickass belay team wooo climbing!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #23
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Aurelio View Post
You did amazinggggg

And we make a pretty kickass belay team wooo climbing!
Thanks and yes, we did make a pretty kickass belay team...so much fun!

First to finish my food log from yesterday:

5:00 - ~2oz pot roast with ~1 block sauce and onion; 3 macadamia nuts; 1 red pepper (~1 1/4 cups)
8:00ish until ? - some Guinness; some wings; a few fries; one mussel; a little pita and hummus; some sesame crusted ahi tuna with spinach (yea McCrossen's!!! All of the food was so good, especially the wings. Definitely a cheat meal.)

McCrossen's was so much fun last night

Now onto toady 11/23/08

Main site WOD (thanks Erin...but with a few subs)

Three rounds for time of:

21 Knees to elbows
11/11 Single Arm 20lb dumbbell swings
21 Push-ups (knee)
3 lengths of the bar
21 reps 20in Box jumps
21 45lb Good Mornings
32 Walking lunge steps

25:44

Not too bad, I'll take it. The push-ups sucked like normal and were definitely the hardest part. I was thinking about the progress that I've made since I've started doing CF. I remembered all of the breaks (multiple) I would have to take during early metcons and was very happy to realize that recently with the exception of a quick water break randomly I can just keep going and get through the workout. I would not have been able to do anything close to this with this time earlier in my CF experience.

My food for today was pretty good. I was really craving eating good healthy food today and I did just that.

10:30 - 3 soft boiled eggs; 1 apple baked with 1 tbsp walnuts and cinnamon; coffee
1:00 - ~4oz chicken and ~1/2 carb block lettuce (Wound up going to Chili's with friends who had just run the 1/2 marathon in Philly and they were hungry. I wasn't really hungry because I had just had breakfast but got something anyway...it was literally chicken and lettuce ha! The chicken was pretty good though)
2:00 - Americano with cinnamon
6:20 - 4.5 oz shrimp with 2 blocks of celery, broccoli, onion, and some tamari; 1/2 apple baked with cinnamon

I'm so low on food because I didn't go shopping this weekend. Thankfully I had some shrimp and veggies that I could make this stir fry so that I can now get through tomorrow still eating well!

Ok, now it's really time to focus and pack...it's so not getting done tonight...oh well.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #24
Adam Scheiner

Profile:

Quote:

21 Knees to elbows
21 Push-ups (knee)
3 lengths of the bar
21 reps 20in Box jumps
21 45lb Good Mornings
32 Walking lunge steps

Not too bad, I'll take it. The push-ups sucked like normal and were definitely the hardest part. I was thinking about the progress that I've made since I've started doing CF. I remembered all of the breaks (multiple) I would have to take during early metcons and was very happy to realize that recently with the exception of a quick water break randomly I can just keep going and get through the workout. I would not have been able to do anything close to this with this time earlier in my CF experience.
Holy badass! Way to go Alyson!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #25
Alycia McGinley

Profile:

Hey Alyson, its Alycia.
Great job! Today's was killer. I have a log now too ( i included the link to it below). I also did mainpage CF with some modifications. I thought it was just as hard at FGB or Filthy Fifty. I thought i was going to throw up after my last set of knees to elbows.
It was great seeing everyone last night, and once you're back from London, we'll have to do it again. Will you be back in time for our holiday party on December 13th? Hope you can come, even if it's a drive. We'll have a lot of paleo-friendly food ( when justin and alycia are eat paleo, EVERYONE eats paleo. haha). See ya soon.

Alycia's Log
Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #26
Adam Scheiner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycia Alves View Post
Hey Alyson, its Alycia.
Great job! Today's was killer. I have a log now too ( i included the link to it below). I also did mainpage CF with some modifications. I thought it was just as hard at FGB or Filthy Fifty. I thought i was going to throw up after my last set of knees to elbows.
It was great seeing everyone last night, and once you're back from London, we'll have to do it again. Will you be back in time for our holiday party on December 13th? Hope you can come, even if it's a drive. We'll have a lot of paleo-friendly food ( when justin and alycia are eat paleo, EVERYONE eats paleo. haha). See ya soon.

Alycia's Log
hey, ah man now everybody has a log! Sweet! Although I am running out of log subscription room

Last edited by Adam Scheiner : 11-23-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:00 PM   #27
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Scheiner View Post
Holy badass! Way to go Alyson!
Haha...thanks Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycia Alves View Post
Hey Alyson, its Alycia.
Yesterday was fun! It was great that you and Justin were able to make it down and hang out at night too. We'll definitely have to do it again! I'll be back on Dec 3rd, so hopefully everything will work out and I'll be able to make it to your party, it'll be fun...especially with paleo-friendly food. Ha!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:45 AM   #28
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Quote:

McCrossen's was so much fun last night

Now onto toady 11/23/08

21 Knees to elbows
21 Push-ups (knee)
3 lengths of the bar
21 reps 20in Box jumps
21 45lb Good Mornings
32 Walking lunge steps

McCrossen's was a lot of fun. I never get to talk to anyone outside of the gym, so I had no idea what people actually looked like, or did for a living, or how old they were, ect. We have a good group.

Nice job on the WOD. You beat my time(I did 75 walking lunges per round, but you beat me by more than the time it took me to do those) Seriously, great job!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #29
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGinley View Post
McCrossen's was a lot of fun. I never get to talk to anyone outside of the gym, so I had no idea what people actually looked like, or did for a living, or how old they were, ect. We have a good group.
It's fun to see everyone all dressed in normal clothes and not gross from a workout...and lots of fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I'm procrastinating packing...which I really should be doing so that I can get some sleep tonight...I'll get to that soon...

Today's WOD was:

5 Rounds:

5 Turkish Get Ups (1+1=1) 20lbs
5 Purple Band Pull-ups
5 L-raises
5 Burpees

19:07

It was a fun last workout until December...well maybe not that long.

Today ends 6 full weeks of strict Paleo Zone eating. It's done wonders with how I feel and perform during workouts now. I'll definitely continue to eat Paleo Zone but will be playing around with it some, dropping some carbs, adding some more protein, etc...I'm reading up on exactly how I want to proceed but have a little time to figure it out. Now I wish that I had before and after pictures to post because I know they would be completely different. Oh well.

My last day strict looked like this:

6:20 - coffee
7:20 - breakfast with mixed berried
10:05 - ginger tea; 1 red pepper (~1 1/4 cups); 1 hard boiled egg; and yes 1 macadamia nut
12:30 - 4.5oz shrimp with 2 blocks of broccoli, onion, and celery; 1 mini cupcake (So we had a Thanksgiving dinner for the kids and staff at work today. I had gotten the cupcakes yesterday and they looked so good that I decided it would be a good idea to not eat the pear I brought for lunch and have a mini cupcake instead. I was wrong...I was still really hungry after I finished my lunch and the cupcake did not help...and it wasn't really even that good.)
5:00 - 1 small pear (equal to 1 block); 1 hard boiled egg (I have no food left); (possibly for the last time) 1 macadamia nut
7:30 - 3oz turkey with 2 blocks of apples, onion, and chard (love that I still have food in the freezer); 1 small pear (equal to one block)

So that's that...and now I really need to pack.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #30
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Good job!
And have fun in London!!!! I'm so jealous!