CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:
Re: alyson's log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyson Terranova View Post
Lots and lots of strength stuff today, but first, have to finish my food log from yesterday:

Saturday:
2:00 - 1 block of ginger pear chicken; 1oz ham; 2/3 cup fresh raspberries; 1 macadamia nut (I was hungrier than I thought)
6:45 - 3 total blocks of shrimp with broccoli, celery, and onion (Erin's looked so good the other day, I had to try it)
7:30 - 1 oz ham; 1 block worth of 73% dark chocolate (okay, I was still hungry)

This was better than most weekend days.

Sunday:
9:30 - 3 oz of cranberry orange chicken with ~1 block of carbs; 3/4 cup mashed turnips, ~3/4 cup mixed berries (I think this is the first time I had something other than typical breakfast food for breakfast, and it was good!)
12:30 - 1 total block of shrimp with broccoli, celery, and onion
2:00 ish - WOD
5:30 - 4 oz steak with ~ 1 block of onion and pepper; 1 1/4 cups cauliflower; 1 apple baked with cinnamon and a small amount of walnuts (I was hungry so decided to make this a 4 block meal, which I don't normally do, but it was a good decision for today.)

I did a lot of strength stuff today at open gym.

Overhead Squats
45x10
55x5
65x5xf (65x2) - weird should pain after I dumped - still a PR though
65x5xf (65x1) - still weird pain, so I stopped here and switched to back squats

Still have a weird thing with my OHS. Erin pointed out that I'm too good at dumping the weight if I have to that maybe I'm just dumping at the first sign of being unstable instead of trying to correct and stand up (usually dump in the hole). I agree, and I really need to work on this. 55lbs was easy, 65 didn't seem too difficult. I also think that I rush and need to slow down just a teeny tiny bit, maybe that will help with the unstable-ness at the bottom of the squat. Would like to get 75lbs next time I OHS. Will just have to work more on this.

Back Squats
45x10
65x5
85x5
95x5
105x5
115x5
125x3

I haven't back squatted in over 2 months, so this was good...125 was my previous PR, so I was happy I kept the same weight...125x3 was also done about 20 minutes after I did 115x5 (I was watching and keeping track of Sam's 16 + rounds of Cindy )

EQI
13s, 14s, 13s

8x2 deadhangs with purple band (Didn't quite make it all the way on the 2nd pullups. This was hard, I kip when on the purple band, so I had to keep reminding myself not to.)

Ok, I think that's all for tonight!
Way to rock it out tonight, honey! You did amazing today!!

And hey... send some recipe's my way?? I love your cooking and uh, want to tryyy. FILL ME WITH KNOWLEDGE! hahaha.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #12
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Back to work...back to being on a good eating schedule.

Here's what I had today:
6:00 - coffee with splash of milk still
7:10 - normal breakfast with frozen blueberries
9:00 - ginger tea
10:00 - 1 total block of fajita chicken with onions and peppers
12:15 - 3oz pot roast with ~1 block of celery, onions, and carrots; 2 blocks of a cucumber onion pepper salad; 2 macadamia nuts (nothing had any extra fat blocks added)
2:30 - 1/4 cup of coffee (I was freezing and tea was not going to cut it)
4:15 - 1oz turkey; 1 block of cucumber salad; 1 macadamia nut
6:00 - WOD
7:30 - 4.5oz shrimp with 3 blocks of broccoli, celery, and onion

The workout today at CF Tribe was Cindy. I finished 15 rounds plus 5 pull ups and 10 push ups. Very happy with how I did today. Last time I did Cindy (Sept 6th) I got 12 full rounds used the blue band for pull ups and did all knee push ups. Today I used the purple band and got through 4 rounds (I think) with regular push ups before switching to knee push ups...not a crazy amount of rounds, but it is progress!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #13
Erin Davidson

Profile:

nice pic.

aaaaand - cupcakes + turkey + 3 almonds!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
The workout today at CF Tribe was Cindy. I finished 15 rounds plus 5 pull ups and 10 push ups. Very happy with how I did today. Last time I did Cindy (Sept 6th) I got 12 full rounds used the blue band for pull ups and did all knee push ups. Today I used the purple band and got through 4 rounds (I think) with regular push ups before switching to knee push ups...not a crazy amount of rounds, but it is progress!
WOOOOOO!!!!!! Great job on Cindyyy!!!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #15
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
nice pic.

aaaaand - cupcakes + turkey + 3 almonds!
Isn't the picture nice...I wonder who took it

Adding turkey + 3 almonds to everything I eat is how I'm going to survive London! I don't know why I didn't know about this sooner

Today was a lovely rest day! My arms are slightly sore from Cindy yesterday, but nothing too bad.

My food today was pretty good. For some reason I hit a wall around 3 in the afternoon, I was exhausted. I think I need to try to get some more sleep, this week has been crazy busy and will continue to be...

6:00 - coffee
7:15 - normal breakfast with frozen blueberries
9:30 - ginger tea (I'm really loving the ginger tea, it's exceptionally good this week!)
10:10 - 1 oz turkey; 1 small pear (equal to 1 block I would guess); 1 macadamia nut
12:40 - 3oz fajita beef with 2 blocks peppers and onions; 1 small pear (1 block)
2:30 - 1/2 cup pomegranate white tea
4:15 - 1 oz cranberry orange chicken with ~1/4 cup mashed turnips; 1 macadamia nut (this was slightly low on carbs, but not a big deal)
5:40 - Americano (Wegman's makes a nice one...I was so exhausted)
6:30 - 1 cup spaghetti squash with 1/2 cup sauce, 4.5 oz shrimp cooked in 2 tsp sesame oil and some baby spinach (not enough to count as much of a carb block...I put in maybe 2 cups of raw spinach into the pot which made 2 meals) with lots of red pepper flake; 2/3 cup frozen raspberries (this meal was so good, I love spaghetti squash and red pepper flake!)

Time to attempt to get ready for bed...I need sleep!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #16
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Quote:
1 macadamia nut
This always makes me chuckle. A single nut. I must eat 80 blocks of fat somedays.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #17
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGinley View Post
This always makes me chuckle. A single nut. I must eat 80 blocks of fat somedays.
Hahaha truth.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #18
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGinley View Post
I know, I feel ridiculous writing it, but that's what I have...that will be over soon, I'll be tweaking with my amounts after vacation.

For Wednesday:

Not thrilled with my performance with my workout today, should have been better...

Dead Lifts (conventional, mixed grip) 6x3
135/145/155/165/145/135 (I think)

Romanian deal lifts 3x3
65/95/115

Tabata Squats
10?9?

Foam Rolling to try to loosen up my legs.

The tabata squats were horrible tonight...the first four rounds were fine, but then my legs gave out and I just couldn't squat anymore...lots of pain. It hurts pretty bad to walk now, and it's not that long after the workout, so I know tomorrow's not going to be fun. Have no clue what happened here, they just sucked. Not thrilled with the deadlifts either...keep having issues with slight rounding in my back, even at 40+ pounds lighter than my max. Just annoyed. I'll just have to make sure that tomorrow goes better.

My food for today:

6:30 - coffee
7:30 - normal breakfast with ~1/2 cup blueberries and ~1/3 cup raspberries
9:30 - ginger tea
10:10 - 1 oz turkey; 1 red pepper (~1 1/4 cup); 1 macadamia nut
12:30 - 1 cup of spaghetti squash with 4.5 oz shrimp, 1/2 cup sauce, some spinach, and red pepper flake; 1 carb block dark chocolate (people at work didn't want to believe me that I could eat chocolate with how I've been eating...it wasn't like I had a Hershey bar or m&m's haha...)
4:30 - Americano with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled in...so good!
5:15 - 1 oz turkey; a few small pieces of cantaloupe honeydew, a strawberry, and a small piece of pineapple
7:45 - 2.5 oz pot roast; 2 blocks of cucumber salad; 1 chocolate covered strawberry, 1 strawberry with a mini-marshmallow inside (from an edible arrangements type basket...they just looked so good)

Now to try to get stuff together for tomorrow (meaning I have to walk)...ow...
Old 11-19-2008, 06:59 PM   #19
Samantha Aurelio

Profile:

Quote:
I know, I feel ridiculous writing it, but that's what I have...that will be over soon, I'll be tweaking with my amounts after vacation.

For Wednesday:

Not thrilled with my performance with my workout today, should have been better...

Dead Lifts (conventional, mixed grip) 6x3
135/145/155/165/145/135 (I think)

Romanian deal lifts 3x3
65/95/115

Tabata Squats
10?9?

Foam Rolling to try to loosen up my legs.

The tabata squats were horrible tonight...the first four rounds were fine, but then my legs gave out and I just couldn't squat anymore...lots of pain. It hurts pretty bad to walk now, and it's not that long after the workout, so I know tomorrow's not going to be fun. Have no clue what happened here, they just sucked. Not thrilled with the deadlifts either...keep having issues with slight rounding in my back, even at 40+ pounds lighter than my max. Just annoyed. I'll just have to make sure that tomorrow goes better.

My food for today:

6:30 - coffee
7:30 - normal breakfast with ~1/2 cup blueberries and ~1/3 cup raspberries
10:10 - 1 oz turkey; 1 red pepper (~1 1/4 cup); 1 macadamia nut
12:30 - 1 cup of spaghetti squash with 4.5 oz shrimp, 1/2 cup sauce, some spinach, and red pepper flake; 1 carb block dark chocolate (people at work didn't want to believe me that I could eat chocolate with how I've been eating...it wasn't like I had a Hershey bar or m&m's haha...)
4:30 - Americano with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled in...so good!
5:15 - 1 oz turkey; a few small pieces of cantaloupe honeydew, a strawberry, and a small piece of pineapple
7:45 - 2.5 oz pot roast; 2 blocks of cucumber salad; 1 chocolate covered strawberry, 1 strawberry with a mini-marshmallow inside (from an edible arrangements type basket...they just looked so good)

Now to try to get stuff together for tomorrow (meaning I have to walk)...ow...

UGH TABATA SQUATSSSSSSSSS.... they kill...

good job though!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #20
Alyson Terranova

Profile:

Today's workout went much better than yesterday's.

5 Rounds for time:

15 - 14lb wall ball
15 - purple band pull ups

10:00

Followed by 3x5 65lb push jerks...haven't done these in a while and I have to get ready for 'Grace' Saturday morning...

Thankfully, following some good foam rolling immediately after tabata's last night and again this morning, my legs don't feel as bad as I though they would. The wall ball was really easy tonight, so that's good.

Food today was okay...

6:20 - coffee
7:10 - breakfast with mixed berries
10:10 - 1 oz turkey; 1 red pepper (~1 1/4 cups); 1 macadamia nut
12:30 - 3 oz pot roast with 1 block celery, onions, and carrots; 2 blocks cucumber salad
2:00 - a small handful of chocolate cookie dough bites (Ewww...they are not that good. I wasn't strong enough to resist them today, I've been pretty good about not eating stuff like this, but not today...I hate when people bring stuff like this into work. Felt horrible very shortly after eating them...was planning to fast until tomorrow until...)
6:50 - pistachio 'ice cream' goodness from Erin! (the recipe up is for butter pecan 'ice cream') Now I'll be fasting until breakfast tomorrow.

Rest day tomorrow...have to make sure I'm all ready for 'Grace' and rock climbing!!!