CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Joshua Gutierrez

Profile:
My order from Glenn Pendlay

I ordered the "Ultimate Budget Set" from Glenn on September 30th. I received the bar about 3 weeks ago, but my bumper plates still haven't arrived. I know Glenn is a good guy and I only hear good things about his service. I was just curious if anyone out there has ordered from him and received their order at separate times? Thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
Andy Shirley

Profile:
Re: My order from Glenn Pendlay

Have you emailed Glenn? I recently ordered from him as well, and my order came quickly. The bumpers arrived very quickly, and the bar followed shortly after. They do ship from two different places(at least mine did).

I would call or email Glenn. glennpendlay at/ yahoo dot com.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Steve Ericson

Profile:

I recently had a some what similar issue. Glenn is a geat guy, just get ahold of him and he will take care of you.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:21 AM   #4
Dave Hancock

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Gutierrez View Post
I ordered the "Ultimate Budget Set" from Glenn on September 30th. I received the bar about 3 weeks ago, but my bumper plates still haven't arrived. I know Glenn is a good guy and I only hear good things about his service. I was just curious if anyone out there has ordered from him and received their order at separate times? Thanks
Its only been two weeks since you ordered. Be patient. Email or call Glenn if you need reassurance. My bumper plates I ordered from Glenn came separately from the bar. The plates were a few weeks delayed because of issues at the manufacturer. Glenn is at the mercy of his suppliers at times. Don't worry.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:07 AM   #5
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Here's the deal - The bars come very quickly because they are shipped UPS. The bumpers take forever because the are shipped separately from the Hi-Temp warehouse in Al and come freight. Their shipping sucks royally, but it's not Glenn's fault. Mine took almost three weeks to get here when I last ordered. That was about 1.5 months ago. Got the bars in 5 days. Just be patient and contact Glenn.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
Jeremy Shepard

Profile:

Well, I ordered a training set on September 25. I've sent three e-mails with no reply. I've called once and no one answered. I did receive a call on October 6 asking me if I wanted kilos or pounds as they were getting ready to ship, but nothing since. I live in Alabama, so it's not like there is a lot of distance for shipping. I know he was in Greece during the end of September, so I'm not faulting him for the time delay, I'd just like to hear something back from them.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Gutierrez View Post
Bar and bumpers ship from different places and separately. My bar came before my bumpers also. And being in CA makes it take all that much longer Don't worry they will be there soon!

-Robert
Old 10-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

Jeremy and Joshua,

As most know, bumpers have been a real pain over the last few months, with several major suppliers running out, imported plates delayed in getting to the USA, and a major manufacturer here in the USA frequently running 3-4 weeks behind, or more. Its a pain to the customers, and believe me, a pain to a guy like me trying to sell the things.

We have done some things to combat these problems. We began warehousing our own bumpers several months ago. Due to delays in imported plates getting to us, this alone did not solve the problem. Recently we began warehousing a second brand of bumpers, hoping that even with slow manufacturing having two brands and up to 60,000 pounds on hand would solve the problem. It hasnt yet, but should. Right now we have over 90,000lbs of bumpers that should have been here around the last week of September, but have not arrived yet. So, we are in fact at the mercy of the manufacturer, whether it is domestic or overseas. We are still shipping bumpers, and have around 25,000lbs on hand, but due to shipments slow in getting here, are out of some sizes in either kilos or pounds, and this is whats causing some orders to not go out on time.

Joshua, I can tell you that your bumpers shipped today, and should be to you within 2-3 days. Email me and I will send you the tracking number.

Jeremy, I am sorry I have not responded to your emails. I have answered ALL emails in my inbox up to Wednesday morning (this is thursday) and am working on the rest of Wednesdays emails now. If I havnt gotten to yours yet, im sorry. If for some reason i didnt get it, please try again and the correct addy is glennpendlay at yahoo.com. If you dont trust email, PM me your phone number and I will call you. I do try to answer all my phone calls, but sometimes it is impossible. I do a lot better before 3pm central time, as that is usually when I go to coach. If your calling late in the day, you might try calling earlier.

And to everyone else, I sincerely hope I can post sometime within the next week that we have a full inventory of bumper plates, that the bumpers can and will be shipped same day or next day from our warehouse, and the whole bumper supply problem is over. Nothing would make me happier than to be able to ship all orders same day and have everyone happy because they get their plates 2-3 days after ordering them.

glenn
Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #9
Joe Dimas

Profile:

I ordered a bar and some bumpers from Glenn about a year and a half ago. The bumpers arrived first (7days after ordering) from Wright Rubber. I called Glenn and spoke directly to him on his cell phone. He was extremely helpful even though he was at the gym training someone. He sent an e-mail within a couple of hours with a tracking number and the bar arrived 5 days later.

I have since placed 3 more orders directly with Jason at Wright Rubber and gotten outstanding service from him also.

I would say call and speak directly with Glenn or send an e-mail to the address on his web site.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #10
Joshua Gutierrez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Pendlay View Post
Jeremy and Joshua,

As most know, bumpers have been a real pain over the last few months, with several major suppliers running out, imported plates delayed in getting to the USA, and a major manufacturer here in the USA frequently running 3-4 weeks behind, or more. Its a pain to the customers, and believe me, a pain to a guy like me trying to sell the things.

We have done some things to combat these problems. We began warehousing our own bumpers several months ago. Due to delays in imported plates getting to us, this alone did not solve the problem. Recently we began warehousing a second brand of bumpers, hoping that even with slow manufacturing having two brands and up to 60,000 pounds on hand would solve the problem. It hasnt yet, but should. Right now we have over 90,000lbs of bumpers that should have been here around the last week of September, but have not arrived yet. So, we are in fact at the mercy of the manufacturer, whether it is domestic or overseas. We are still shipping bumpers, and have around 25,000lbs on hand, but due to shipments slow in getting here, are out of some sizes in either kilos or pounds, and this is whats causing some orders to not go out on time.

Joshua, I can tell you that your bumpers shipped today, and should be to you within 2-3 days. Email me and I will send you the tracking number.

Jeremy, I am sorry I have not responded to your emails. I have answered ALL emails in my inbox up to Wednesday morning (this is thursday) and am working on the rest of Wednesdays emails now. If I havnt gotten to yours yet, im sorry. If for some reason i didnt get it, please try again and the correct addy is glennpendlay at yahoo.com. If you dont trust email, PM me your phone number and I will call you. I do try to answer all my phone calls, but sometimes it is impossible. I do a lot better before 3pm central time, as that is usually when I go to coach. If your calling late in the day, you might try calling earlier.

And to everyone else, I sincerely hope I can post sometime within the next week that we have a full inventory of bumper plates, that the bumpers can and will be shipped same day or next day from our warehouse, and the whole bumper supply problem is over. Nothing would make me happier than to be able to ship all orders same day and have everyone happy because they get their plates 2-3 days after ordering them.

glenn
Right on Glenn! I knew I would hear from you quick if I posted on here. From looking at the blogs I saw that you respond quickly on here. Anyways, thanks for updating us on the information. No worries at all.