CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 07-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #31
Robert Callahan

Profile:
Re: Please critique this squat

Ok i didnt even both reading most of your post becuase you did not do what i asked. What things have I said that are wrong or incorrect and why? You are the one that said i am "constantly missinterpreting" things and so i asked what am i missinterpreting? If you are going to make bold claims like that you should be able to back them up. I will continue to wait for your response

-Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Powell View Post
Because you fail to understand that Looking down is for depth perception purposes, not depth gage purposes.
could you also please show me where i said that he should look down as a depth gauge? that would be awsome thanks!

Last edited by Robert Callahan : 07-14-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #32
Joey Powell

Profile:

To jump off of Brandons comment: if you are not going to extend the thoracic spine under heavy load, you had better have a really good damn reason. Same as with having the chest up.

Note Figure 29 on Page 35 of SS 1st edition. Left picture is similar to Andrew's stance. Note head so steeply aimed down, due to not keeping chest up.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #33
Joey Powell

Profile:

I am sorry that I did not do as you asked, but I am not a dog and don't need to be trained as such. If you do read the post though you will see an advanced explination including sources from appearently your only experience to date... "Starting Strength" the book.

Last edited by Joey Powell : 07-14-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #34
Joey Powell

Profile:

You are wrong because you fail to realize he does not have his chest up. You also fail to understand that him staring down like that is WRONG.

Your points that you do have that are similar to mine, you do not understand how to correct them, because you do not have an understanding of what is necessary to correct them. Actually, you keep doing the opposite by argueing he should keep staring down.

How is that?

Now quit being hard headed and read my post.

Last edited by Joey Powell : 07-14-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #35
Joey Powell

Profile:

Also, the "back up" is in the references. As well as in my experience in training, training others, and learning from the SMEs in person. How about you?

Last edited by Joey Powell : 07-14-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #36
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Can we just say that you look DIAGONALLY DOWN and have both of you get over it? If I draw a line from the eyeballs of this guy on the cover of SS, it hits the corner of the page...
Old 07-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #37
Joey Powell

Profile:

From your response to my first post:

"He could shoot his butt back a bit more and not let those knees come forward at the bottom but the chest, eyes, and everything else looks great."

You are lost if you still hold the part of the statement above in BOLD to be true.

Reference Figure 29, Page 35 of SS edition 1
"As the chest is raised anterior and the elbows posterior, the bar is "locked" into place.

From Page 36: Many trainees seem to be making a flat, level spot for the bar to sit on by keeping the chest parallel to the floor. It must be demonstrated to these creatures that the bar will not roll off the back if they properly grip the bar and raise the elbows with the hands in the right position on the bar. When the elbows come up and the chest comes up, the hands are pushed forward and the bar is actually forced forward into the back, and the bar cannot go anywhere at all (figure 29).