CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #11
Brett Dartt

Profile:
Re: Before & After pics - 5 months of CrossFit

wow.
im two months in and my photos havent changed at all. those are awesome pics. and.........
hi my name is brett

j/k. thanks for the photos. they are inspiring
Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
David Meverden

Profile:

Jennifer, that's fantastic! Great stuff! Both the performance/strength improvements and the nice beach body you've earned. Now for something I just could NOT resist commenting on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Parmly View Post
Jennifer, IMHAWIO . . .
Holy obscure internet abbreviation, batman! Sorry to be off topic but I was baffled by this one. Figured some quick googling would fix that!

Google attempt one: "IMHAWIO Acronym"
"Your search - IMHAWIO acronym - did not match any documents. "

Huh? NONE?

Google attempt two: "IMHAWIO"
"Results 1 - 2 of 2 for IMHAWIO"
TWO webpages, both part of the Filmont digest (a boyscout troop message board) from a few years ago. TWO.

Googling attempt three for comparison: "IMHO"
"Results 1 - 10 of about 32,900,000 for IMHO"

Dave, it appears you may only be the second person EVER to use this abbreviation, haha.

Oh, and it stands for "In my humble and widely ignored opinion"
Old 06-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #13
Elliot Fuller

Profile:

Great results, Jennifer. I'm curious what you've been eating as well, because as anyone who's been doing CrossFit seriously will tell you, diet is half the battle (or more, even). Is this another CrossFit/Zone success story?

Whatever you've been doing, keep at it, and good luck.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
Dave Parmly

Profile:

David, In My Humble And Widely Ignored Opinion is a common phrase in my immediate family. I doubt we made it up but it has been in our vernacular for some time. And I am a frequent contributor to the Philmont List-Serve (I'm pretty active in BSA High Adventure treks, etc.) so I'm probably the one who dropped that one out there. You are a linguistic detective and you have me cornered, sir. My sword, sir.

People who know our family would probably opine that we hold few of our opinions as humble and we do not suffer them being ignored lightly so there is always a trace of irony when IMHAWIO is used.

Last edited by Dave Parmly : 06-10-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #15
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Fuller View Post
Great results, Jennifer. I'm curious what you've been eating as well, because as anyone who's been doing CrossFit seriously will tell you, diet is half the battle (or more, even). Is this another CrossFit/Zone success story?
Thank you for your kind words! This is actually a CrossFit/Paleo success story. Weighing and measuring was just WAY WAY WAY too complicated for me. I have had a lot of help from Robb Wolf's performance menu! It was tough at first to learn a new way to cook, but now that I've been doing it for a while it's a piece of cake. Er....paleo cake. :-)
Old 06-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #16
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
Holy obscure internet abbreviation, batman!
Ok Seriously....I'm DYING laughing!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #17
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Thanks for the info about your nutrition. I'll have to check more into paleo. I think the only place I'm off now is the dairy.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #18
Dave Parmly

Profile:

Jennifer, with your permission, I want to share your post with a young lady I work with who is curious about CF. She went through a KB workshop I set up in our corporate fitness center (taught by the CF-certified trainers from Cherokee CF). She's using the bells as part of a general fitness routine but I think she would be psyched to see your results. You two look like you started out at a similar point of GPP. Your progress was, as all have noted, excellent. 5 months seems short but it's a pretty long haul.

What motivated you to want to attempt something as different and counter-culture as CF?
Did you use this site exclusively or did you use a CF facility?
What was your tipping point to say "I'm sticking with this?"
Old 06-11-2008, 08:47 AM   #19
Jennie Yundt

Profile:

Quote:
Jennifer, with your permission, I want to share your post with a young lady I work with who is curious about CF.
You are more than welcome to share my results. I appreciate that you asked permission before forwarding my bathing-suit wearing self (with bra-fat exposed) to everyone on your distribution list. I hope you can convince her to give it a try!

Quote:
What motivated you to want to attempt something as different and counter-culture as CF?
Did you use this site exclusively or did you use a CF facility?
What was your tipping point to say "I'm sticking with this?"
My motivation came from my boyfriend, Bill. He has been a CrossFit die-hard, and he helped me believe that I could really do this. Watching the videos was very intimidating....it was all these elite level athletes pumping through the workouts like there was nothing to them! And the CF facility I used was my own. Bill and I attended the cert in January, and affiliated immediately upon our return.

All it really took for me to say "I'm sticking with this" was a quick glance at my arms in the mirror while I was blow-drying my hair. I could feel the results of the hard work almost immediately, and not long after I could SEE the results too. It took a while to get accustomed to the "uncomfortable" feeling you get during a WOD. Most people won't push through the "uncomfortable", they'll back off just before they get to that part. For me, I learned to get uncomfortable and like it!

I focused all my energy on fitness goals instead of a number on the scale. The better bikini body was a by-product of better fitness!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #20
Anthony DiSarro

Profile:

I attended last weekends Level 1 cert. in Jacksonville and besides being just blown away by the level of instruction I PR'd on consecutive muscle ups with 5.