CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #1
Aushion Chatman

Profile:
11th physical fitness domain?

I've been thinking alot about Rhythm lately...I was thinking that maybe rhythm is fundamental enough to merit being included in the fitness domains. Rhythm comes into play when we're doing highly repititious movements, and I see it as a key to be developed to perform kipping pull-ups, anything with a jump rope, I would even argue timing when to pull under the bar during a snatch or clean, and of course it's all over gymnastics in general.

You can definitely develop and enhance your own rhythm just wondering if anyone else has thought about that?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
David Vessey

Profile:
Re: 11th physical fitness domain?

Wouldn't that just fall under coordination?
Old 09-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aushion Chatman View Post
I've been thinking alot about Rhythm lately...I was thinking that maybe rhythm is fundamental enough to merit being included in the fitness domains. Rhythm comes into play when we're doing highly repititious movements, and I see it as a key to be developed to perform kipping pull-ups, anything with a jump rope, I would even argue timing when to pull under the bar during a snatch or clean, and of course it's all over gymnastics in general.

You can definitely develop and enhance your own rhythm just wondering if anyone else has thought about that?
I would have to debate these as being "domains of fitness". Subdomains, maybe. Rythm and timing actually would most likely fall under coordination.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Chris Walls

Profile:

Or accuracy. (accurate timing)
Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Walls View Post
Or accuracy. (accurate timing)
Yes, that too.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Vessey View Post
Wouldn't that just fall under coordination?
I did think about coordination...I figured coordination is just using more than one part of your body in unison with some other part...say completing a snatch or front hand spring. Not much rhythm involved IMO in the unison of parts...I feel that unison is what coordination gets at.

I hadn't considered the accurate timing way of describing rhythm...I think that could be closer to what I'm thinking about when I think rhythm...

rhythm and timing definitely go hand in hand...not sure if accuracy in general describes rhythm though and I think accurate timing is just another way of saying rhythm...but not another way of saying accuracy as it's meant in the physical domains list.

anyway...