CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
Adam Morden

Profile:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that Steel City CrossFit is getting off the ground and will have a nice facility located at 1 East St. N, Dundas ON open as of January 2007. Till then we will be running group worouts out of the Pheonix Fitness on main st near McMaster University. This has been a long time coming, I've been trying to get a CrossFit affiliate open for a few years, but have either been too focused on school to think of running anything or been moving around too much to get settled and commit to an area. So, obviously, we are really excited to get going and to have such an excellent space as of January. We plan on offering 3 classes m-f and 2 on sat to start, plus one on ones and some ladies bootcamps. If there is enough interest we will also offer some more specialized combat conditioning classes as well.

Also, at the new facility we will be working with David Finch - one of Hamilton's top boxing coaches and trainer of multiple world champions.

So any CrossFitters, or anyone interested in CrossFit for that matter, in the Hamilton area feel free to drop us a line at steelcitycrossfit@gmail.com and come out for some kickass workouts.

Hopefully I will have a propper website up soon, till then check out www.steelcitycrossfit.blogspot.com

Cheers,
Adam
Old 11-26-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
Adam Morden

Profile:
We have a working model of our website up and under severe construction now: www.steelcitycrossfit.com
pictures to come ASAP.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:30 AM   #3
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:
Great stuff, Adam!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
Richard Paul Ham-Williams

Profile:
Looks pretty cool to me - very in with the "forging" elite fitness
Cool
Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
Adam Morden

Profile:
Thanks Guys!

We open officially this Saturday at 8am, for a CrossFit Fundamentals Class, so far things seem to be shaping up to get us going with around 15 people, so I'm pretty excited.

Anyone in the Region, we would love to see you there.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #6
Adam Morden

Profile:
Well We had our first day today, and it went rather well, in my oppinion anyway =). We had 2 group classes, 1 with 3 participants and another with 13. We also had 3 one on one sessions. We are really looking forward to the coming week when the schedule really kicks in.

I would just like to take a moment to thank every one here on the boards and in the CrossFit community in general. Your insight, knowledge, and encouragement which is shared freely and openly really inspired us to take the plunge and open an affiliate.

Cheers,
Adam