CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
Luke Rossmo

Profile:
In the past i have not done nearly as many pull ups as the Wods demand. Lately while doing pull ups ive had pain in my right forearm. It feels like its pretty deep, and almost as though it shoots up into my elbow. It does not hurt so much as im doing (palm out) pull ups, but as soon as my hand releases from the bar the pain is quite intense. It remains for a few hours after working out, but fades in intensity until there is no pain at all. It does not hurt nearly as much when i do pull ups with my palms facing in. I was wondering if this is because im not used to doing so many pull ups or if i might have a problem. I would like to know if others have had this and what they did to fix it. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Joe Beman

Profile:
Luke,

Is your pain located on the under-side of your forearm? You mentioned it extends to the elbow; is it the inside part of the elbow, near the funnt bone? If so, it's probably golfers elbow. I got a good flare-up of golfers elbow and it's pretty hard to get rid of.

If you think golfers elbow is what you have based on my questions, do a search here on the message board. You're (we're) not alone. A lot of people on this site have had golfers elbow as crossfit is pretty heavy on pullups.