CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-25-2006, 07:16 AM   #1
Roger Smith

Profile:
I saw this over on there board it's a cut and paste. Thought it would interest some...

ednesday, April 26, is 5th Anniversary of Kettlebells, Special One-time Discount Day

Dragon Door introduced traditional Russian kettlebells to the United States in 2001, with the publication of Pavel's landmark book and DVD, The Russian Kettlebell Challenge.

In April, 2001 we shipped the first kettlebell to our first kettlebell customer.

In honor of this 5th year anniversary of the kettlebell--and as a way of thanking you all for your support--we are offering a special one-day only discount on all our kettlebells.

For the twenty-four hour period of Wednesday, April 26, 2006, Eastern Daylight Time, all kettlebell orders on our website will receive an automatic 25% discount.

Note that this 25% discount will apply to internet orders only. No phone orders!

And our offer will be strictly limited to this twenty-four hour period.

No other discounts can be combined with this offer. The discount does not apply to kettlebell sets.

Shipping charges will remain the same.

Here is how much you will save on the different size kettlebells, if you order on Wednesday, April 26:

Steel handle and core with rubber casing:

4kg kettlebell: you will save $22.49
6kg kettlebell: you will save $24.49
8kg kettlebell: you will save $24.99

Classic cast iron kettlebells:

12kg kettlebell: you will save $20.74
16kg kettlebell: you will save $22.49
20kg kettlebell: you will save $24.99

24kg kettlebell: you will save $27.49
28kg kettlebell: you will save $32.49
32kg kettlebell: you will save $34.99

40kg kettlebell: you will save $44.99
48kg kettlebell: you will save $61.99

All of these kettlebells are manufactured with pride in the United States and are of the highest quality.

And, like all our Dragon Door products every kettlebell comes with a full satisfaction, one-year 100% money-back guarantee.

Thank you again for your support!

Very best for your future training,

John
Old 04-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
Dave Campbell

Profile:
I'm definitely going to order one. 25% off puts them right in line with all the competitors plus the shipping is more than reasonable.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #3
Garrett Smith

Profile:
I'm going to order several, just to complete pairs of the ones I already have.

I imagine I'll move on to a different company with my future kettlebell purchases. I had a bit of a falling out with DD after they told me I had to pay a $500 recertification fee (or beg Pavel that I might be able to fly out to Minnesota on my own money to provide them RKC seminar labor for free) along with performing the snatch test (no big deal) every 2 years. No thanks! What a crock. Like someone is going to need more instruction, aka Continuing Ed, on the *six* "offical" exercises they teach at that "certification"!?! :angry:

Their behavior with their customers belies the treatment they give their Senior RKCs, no wonder so many of them have quit recently!

Anyway, the sale is good, I'm glad they're doing it (finally).
Old 04-25-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
Catherine Imes

Profile:
Garrett,

Only one SRKC left because of a disagreement and that was Jeff Martone. Rob Lawrence was a recent departure but Rob didn't even use his SRKC status as a trainer(didn't really benefit from it).

I've been to 2 workshops..One as a student and the other as an Assistant Instructor (I considered it an honor to be invited to assist). No 2 workshops are the same, and I learn something new and valuable everytime.

I agree it is a costly certification. I for one am assisting again in June, and yes I'm paying money out of my own pocket to travel because I enjoy doing it.

For those trainers who make their money on Kettlebell training (and there are a few who do almost all kettlebell training, e.g. Mike Mahler), the certification, recertification, or cost for travel to assist is a worthwhile business expense.

CI
Old 04-25-2006, 05:30 PM   #5
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Catherine,
Nate Morrison has left as well. One of his final straws was the recertification price--I know because he was going to do my re-cert snatch test and the culmination of our discussions was that we both left the "Party". DD seems to ask a lot and give little in return.

I can say forever that I was/am Russian Kettlebell Certified, mainly because it isn't an accredited certification (neither is CrossFit's). I've found that most people/clients don't care if you keep a "certification" current, as long as it was earned once. That was my issue with DD as opposed to CF--the neverending investment to stay certified is outrageous and the SRKC club is way too exclusive to hope to get into, whereas one's investment in multiple CF certs results in greater "levels", ie. I, II, III. I can also say that I was "trained in kettlebells by Pavel Tsatsouline" because it's true. The listing they provided me on their website sent me less people than I can count on one hand, my old website and Arizona Kettlebell Club Yahoo! group got me many more contacts.

I do agree that the costs for Mike Mahler are justified, I just don't know about anyone else other than maybe Steve Cotter. They both own their niches. Good for them, I say.

I'm glad you love kettlebells as much as you do. I owe a lot to DD and Pavel, after a friend introduced me to P2P and RKC, I was truly set on the journey that would bring me here to CF. I believe I've repaid my "debt" to them and their current products seem to be tiny bits of info packed into a whole lot of fluff.

Every business has a peak. I believe DD has hit theirs, mainly because of the way they treat their "employees" and customers.

Enough of my sour ranting. Over...
Old 04-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Catherine Imes

Profile:
Yes, I would agree with you. I think you could continue to say you are an instructor. It's not like you are going to forget how to teach the basics.

In regards to Nate, I'm only going on what he posted as his reason for leaving on Dragondoor. So, there was probably more to it as you say.

Yes, Dragondoor has not kept up on levels of certifcation. This was discussed when I attended the Level 2 workshop last year (that also counted towards recertification). They were going to have an "advanced" instructor, but they haven't gone anywhere with it. They have another level 2 certifcation as well.

In regards to their peak, they may hit it soon, but their workshops continue to sell out very quickly.

Like I said, it is costly and I don't disagree with you as to why you wouldn't pursue recertification.

CI
Old 04-25-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
And we now return to our regularly scheduled discussion of kettlebells on sale...leaving the politics of DD and its denizens to their own forum!
Old 04-26-2006, 05:59 AM   #8
Doug Ralston

Profile:
FWIW,
I placed my order at 0 dark thirty this morning. The sale price was not reflected on the on-line invoice so after waiting a few hours to see if there was an automated update, I called the customer service phone number. My call was answered by a real person, Shirley, who was very helpful, processed a credit for the difference, and confirmed that my order was already being processed in the warehouse. IMO, excellent customer service.

Doug
Old 04-26-2006, 07:33 AM   #9
Keith Wittenstein

Profile:
I'm a sheep. I ordered me some DDKBs (16 & 24kg). Couldn't resist the sweet song of the sale.

The website now reflects the 25% discount.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:09 AM   #10
Tim Weaver

Profile:
Got my 12 and 16kgs on order....