CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 07-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
Tony Bettencourt

Profile:
New to CF

Hey all I'm a newb to CF and to these forums, but so far I'm loving both!! I am leaving in just under 3 months to marine corp boot camp, and was looking for a way to help me get an even better edge so I checked out a local CF gym; after reading up on it and seeing it's a favored way to train for cops, firefighters, military.

I'm currently halfway through "elements" classes and will join the regular ones after 3 more sessions. It's open gym this week though since the trainers gone and I have been able to go do the regular workouts with a few of the regulars and I'm loving it.

So just saying hey since my account was finally approved lol and seein if anyone has any tips to maximize my gains over the course of the next 2 months??
Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Jesse Newman-Barnhart

Profile:
Re: New to CF

Push yourself hard. Eat clean (check out info on paleo). Check out Kelly Starrett's mobility WOD site. Stay well hydrated. Take fish oil. And have fun with it!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: New to CF

Do a search for threads related to prepping for boot camp or OCS--I've posted in at least a dozen or so over the last few years. I just got out of the Marine Corps after seven years, the last three of which were at MCRD San Diego, so I've got a pretty good idea of what kind of shape you'll want to be in.