CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #11
Charles Applin

Profile:
Re: Any injuries during the Finals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bray View Post
they made a line on the rope that you had to control yourself on the way down before allowing to drop off. to stop people dropping from crazy heights.
Yeah, that was suggested last year when everyone was complaining about the rope climb without a mat.

Glad the injuries were minimized. Hopefully no more workouts will be programmed that's guaranteed to shred everyone's hands. That was the big problem with regionals (besides the DQ and out of competition rule on a couple of events).
Old 08-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
Ryan Jones

Profile:

I saw a girl with her arm in a sling at the end of the awards ceremony. She looked like a competitor though I didn't recognize her.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #13
Pär Larsson

Profile:

Hat's off to Reebok for ponying up the freely available gloves, and to the athletes that smartly used them on the monkeybars.

I thought Mikko Salo's injury was just from diving into the water. Kind of a freak injury if so - something I've never heard of in 10+ years of triathloning and military diving.

Great job to HQ for fixing the rope climbing issues - that was a great solution to fix a safety issue.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
Justin McCallon

Profile:

I'm usually very critical of everything. I would have made some changes based on my personal opinions, but I thought the Games were very well run this year. Makes it easy to defend CF against smart non-CF S&C folks. And definitely a good job on focusing on avoiding injury.

I think there were about 400 or so folks legitimately competing. Pretty impressive to have a competition like this that results in nearly 0 injuries. You don't see that in many other strength-based sports.