CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #141
Elizabeth Terris

Profile:
Re: Rebuilding Momma: An Experiment

Hi! Sorry I haven't been around much the kids have me going and going and going! Nice 3x FS and great DL! Push Jerks look super solid too.

BTW I am that your nutritionist has nixed the muffins and potatoes.
Are you considering the Zone or Paleo?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #142
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Terris View Post
Hi! Sorry I haven't been around much the kids have me going and going and going! Nice 3x FS and great DL! Push Jerks look super solid too.

BTW I am that your nutritionist has nixed the muffins and potatoes.
Are you considering the Zone or Paleo?

Thanks ET! I am not sure what it is - but she is pushing me to do more protein, so it is probably at least quasi-zone. Definitely NOT Paleo, though - she got me to substitute some chemically jello pudding(with Spleda! ) for my snickers habit. I shudder every time I eat the stuff (but it's 60 calories vs 280, so hard to argue...). I won't let my kids near the stuff. We don't even have diet coke or anything with artifical sweetener in the house except for my "diet" food!

I am hoping to get back in the groove. Thanks for stopping by - I am will drop on your thread more often, and I look forward to it!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #143
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Lampl View Post
Hey Lee Ann,

I know all too well how a sick kidling can derail one's best plans. I hope the fever/cold goes away quickly.

I am doing well - - just quite a bit more fried than I thought I would have been after yesterday's DLs. Helen didn't happen for me either.

I like your workout goal(s), but be sure you break things up and take a rest day in there. For example' go 2 on / 1 off; 2 on / 2 off. IMHO, if you go 4 on / 3 off, you'll do too much (during the 4 workout days) and lay off too long (3 days in a row).
As usual, Steve, this is sage advice. My "new" new plan (this must be number 75, right?) is to do 3-4 days on during the week and one kid/family activity during the weekend. That way, If I miss one during the week, I can always try to cram it in during naptime. I'm going to pop over and say hi on your log.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #144
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

OK, here we go after another long layover. I decided to do the Clean & Jerk workout from last week because now the little one (3 years old) has the stomach flu, so I keep having to run upstairs to deal with various emergencies. As crummy as she feels, she was thrilled to be introduced to ginger ale (I know, but we do not have any Gatorade in the house; the ginger ale was left over from a party when we planned to use it for mixers!). I managed to get through the work out - phew. It woudl be great for my diet to get the stomach flu, but so far no luck!

C&J
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

63-73-83 (existing PR)-83-88(F)-88(F)-83(F)-43 (form work)-43 (form work)

Got to do something about the stiff back. I am really not wanting to bend my knees or take any weight on my lower back these days. Guess it's time to use the stretch trainer that is sitting in the den!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #145
Elizabeth Terris

Profile:

Nice work on the clean and jerks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Ann McCall View Post
Thanks ET! I am not sure what it is - but she is pushing me to do more protein, so it is probably at least quasi-zone. Definitely NOT Paleo, though - she got me to substitute some chemically jello pudding(with Spleda! ) for my snickers habit. I shudder every time I eat the stuff (but it's 60 calories vs 280, so hard to argue...). I won't let my kids near the stuff. We don't even have diet coke or anything with artifical sweetener in the house except for my "diet" food!
What about fruit instead of jello? I am kind of partial to frozen, organic blueberries. And the kids like them too. I read something recently about artificial sweeteners that suggested that in reality they are no better than the real thing since they create an insulin response very similar to sugar. I have to do more reading on that, but it is food for thought.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #146
Laura Kurth

Profile:

sugar free jello, gross! chemicals! I think frozen fruit is a great idea. Have you ever tried frozen mango chunks? those things are like candy. Yum.

Or you could eat 1-2 squares of very dark chocolate (lindt 70 or 85% has 55 cal per square)
Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #147
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Hi Lee Ann,

Hope the lower back is feeling better. Great idea about some stretching.

I like ET's idea of the frozen blueberries. High in antioxidants (especially the organic wild ones). One of my favs for breakfast is cottage cheese with frozen blueberries mixed in. Yum. And of course, Laura is correct-----chocolate (anything chocolate is good for you in my book!).

Great work on the C&Js!
Old 03-17-2009, 06:24 AM   #148
Delita Wright

Profile:

Lee Ann, I'll chime in here. KUDOs on the lifts; eek on the splenda. Kudos to you for keeping artificial sweeteners out of the house. I'm guessing your nutritionist is not a whole foods kind of gal - but boy/girl, I'd find something else to be dependent on and then save the snickers for hiking fuel (joke) or three times a year treats. Not that you needed any advice! You are doing great and it is great to see you posting. Blessings on you and the kidlet health! Delita
Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #149
Duke McCall

Profile:

Quote:
I am kind of partial to frozen, organic blueberries.
Quote:
Have you ever tried frozen mango chunks? those things are like candy. Yum.

Or you could eat 1-2 squares of very dark chocolate (lindt 70 or 85% has 55 cal per square)
Three of my favorites! (I am partial to the 85% Lindt). Add in frozen strawberries and you have all of my favorites covered. Mix everything together and you have a delicious smoothie. Yum! (Steve, I love frozen blueberries with cottage cheese for breakfast as well--I had no idea anyone else ate this strange, but delicious, combination. We must be wired similarly. ).

But I am the CFH, not Lee Ann. Lee Ann is working hard to figure out what works for her and is doing an amazing job (IMHO). Her food allergies make eating healthy nearly impossible, but she somehow she is making it work.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say that I am very proud of Lee Ann and to thank you for your support. Lee Ann and I both appreciate it!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #150
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke McCall View Post
Three of my favorites! (I am partial to the 85% Lindt). Add in frozen strawberries and you have all of my favorites covered. Mix everything together and you have a delicious smoothie. Yum! (Steve, I love frozen blueberries with cottage cheese for breakfast as well--I had no idea anyone else ate this strange, but delicious, combination. We must be wired similarly. ).

But I am the CFH, not Lee Ann. Lee Ann is working hard to figure out what works for her and is doing an amazing job (IMHO). Her food allergies make eating healthy nearly impossible, but she somehow she is making it work.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say that I am very proud of Lee Ann and to thank you for your support. Lee Ann and I both appreciate it!
Duke,

Wonderful to hear from you! Kudos to both of you - - participating in the CF program can be difficult just for one in a family and yet you both are doing it! Lee Ann must be so appreciative of your support and understanding!

Chery (my honey) has a rather severe manifestation of Fibromyalgia and is not tolerant of much exercise, so CF in any way, shape, or form, is rather out of the question right now. I plan to introduce it VERY SLOWLY and in stages, as she can handle it. She is a trooper and works very hard also to make my life as her CFH like a king in his castle. I am so blessed!

Take care and Rock On!