CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #81
Duke McCall

Profile:
Re: Rebuilding Momma: An Experiment

Thanks for asking! We are alive, but Lee Ann is still slowly recovering from being sick. To top it off, she has suddenly become very busy at work (which in many respects is good, but has its downsides as well). I will let her know that folks are asking about her. Hopefully, she will be back on the boards soon.

P.S. I am proud of her for continuing to squeeze in most of the WODs despite feeling like crap and being busy to boot. She is quite a woman!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #82
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Hi Folks. Thanks for asking after me. I really appreciate it!

This is from memory, but let's see:

The WOD with the squats and pull ups - I did that in 24:28 I think it was. Had to stop in the middle and rest because I got coughing so much I ended up throwing up. I don't think that technically counts as meeting Pukie, so I continue to maintain I have been fending him off.

I skipped the next day (still coughing) but did the back squats. Again, from memory, I think I did 95x3 and 85x2 for the first set, then 85x5, 95x5 105x5, 95x5.

I am so sick of being sick. I started antibiotices today, so hopefully the end is in sight. I feel totally weak, and like I've gained weight. The fact that my work buddy down the hall (who has the same cough) and I developed a wicked Snickers habit while we've been sick probably hasn't helped! At least the clothes still fit - so far...

I'll try the WOD tonight if I can get home from work by 8:30 or so. Otherwise, it's bed time for me 'til I kick this thing!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #83
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke McCall View Post
Thanks for asking! We are alive, but Lee Ann is still slowly recovering from being sick. To top it off, she has suddenly become very busy at work (which in many respects is good, but has its downsides as well). I will let her know that folks are asking about her. Hopefully, she will be back on the boards soon.

P.S. I am proud of her for continuing to squeeze in most of the WODs despite feeling like crap and being busy to boot. She is quite a woman!
Duke,

Thank you for passing on our concerns to her! Glad she's doing better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Ann McCall View Post
Hi Folks. Thanks for asking after me. I really appreciate it!

This is from memory, but let's see:

The WOD with the squats and pull ups - I did that in 24:28 I think it was. Had to stop in the middle and rest because I got coughing so much I ended up throwing up. I don't think that technically counts as meeting Pukie, so I continue to maintain I have been fending him off.

I skipped the next day (still coughing) but did the back squats. Again, from memory, I think I did 95x3 and 85x2 for the first set, then 85x5, 95x5 105x5, 95x5.

I am so sick of being sick. I started antibiotices today, so hopefully the end is in sight. I feel totally weak, and like I've gained weight. The fact that my work buddy down the hall (who has the same cough) and I developed a wicked Snickers habit while we've been sick probably hasn't helped! At least the clothes still fit - so far...

I'll try the WOD tonight if I can get home from work by 8:30 or so. Otherwise, it's bed time for me 'til I kick this thing!
LeeAnn,

Glad you are a bit better, but don't rush things. I can see by your post you moved some pretty serious weight. Not worth hurting yourself or delaying your recovery from the additional hard work. My Cheryll is doing a little better.....still feels a bit house-bound with her broken shoulder, but she got good news from her Dr. today. The injury remains stable and should not require surgery. If she behaves, she can even start her own gentle PT at home on Friday!! Woo-hoo (her words too!).

Take care and take it easy! BTW - - a Snickers fix / addiction (especially during sickness) is not a bad thing! It contains three of the four food groups; Fruit (peanuts and chocolate), Vegetables (peanuts and chocolate), and Dairy (eggs and milk, and chocolate). It also contains chocolate.......
Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #84
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Hey, Duke - you must be the CFH (CrossFit Husband) we've been hearing so much about.

Ask Lee Ann about me... apparently you and I are going to build CrossFit Bethesda near your house.

Glad to see things are going well for you guys.

Get well soon, Lee Ann.

Sean
Old 11-18-2008, 08:09 AM   #85
Duke McCall

Profile:

Hi, Sean. Yes, I am the CFH. And, I would LOVE to open CrossFit Bethesda. Now, if I can just convince Lee Ann . . . .
Old 11-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #86
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Lampl View Post
My Cheryll is doing a little better.....still feels a bit house-bound with her broken shoulder, but she got good news from her Dr. today. The injury remains stable and should not require surgery. If she behaves, she can even start her own gentle PT at home on Friday!! Woo-hoo (her words too!).

Take care and take it easy! BTW - - a Snickers fix / addiction (especially during sickness) is not a bad thing! It contains three of the four food groups; Fruit (peanuts and chocolate), Vegetables (peanuts and chocolate), and Dairy (eggs and milk, and chocolate). It also contains chocolate.......

Yes, chocolate heals all wounds. Seriously. Now, I just have to wean myself off of it when I am all better. That's going to be worse than giving up caffeine when I was pregnant!

Glad to hear Cheryl is doing better. That's got to be tough. I've been fortunate that I have not broken anything since I broke my wrist roller skating in the 5th grade. I probably just jinxed myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
Get well soon, Lee Ann.
Thanks Sean. I have one more dose of antibiotics left and I think I am almost there. This has been the craziest thing - just hanging on and on and on. Hopefully it is behind me now!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #87
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Glad to hear you are doing better, Lee Ann. There are some pretty nasty bugs out there, to be sure, and most seem just of linger on forever and a day.........really sucky. And antibiotics simply don't touch some of them.

Take care!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #88
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Thanks Steve. I think I finally licked it, just in time to get really busy at work and...wait for it ... for little girl #2 to bring home ANOTHER germ from school!

I think I am making maybe one work out every cycle but hopefully I can build up from that.

Here are the clean and jerks I did Saturday night:

95 (fail), 85
95 (fail), 85
95 (fail),85

We are getting some 2.5 lb plates for Christmas, and I think those will really help. I kept feeling like I could do more, but just couldn't do the 10 more lbs. Sigh.

Last night (Sunday) I got home pretty late after stopping by the office and then having to go to two grocery stores to find cranberries. I mean, who runs out of Cranberries 3 days before Thanksgiving?

I was trying to decide if I should at least do something - maybe even just 3 rounds of the warm up - when I dropped a bowl of very hot soup on my chest and got a 2nd degree burn. That was the end of my workout ambitions! I think I need a vacation!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #89
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Lee Ann,

Great work on the C&Js! Way to keep after a desired weight!

Sorry to hear about your burn! It seems the "aheader you try, the behinder you get!" You and your are in Cheryll's and my prayers!

Do take some real time off for yourself if necessary. I'm finding out that this week off my have been my best PR to date!

Take care!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #90
Lee Ann McCall

Profile:

Hi All.

Once again trying to revive my fitness routine before I burst out of all my clothes!

We were away for Thanksgiving and work was also going crazy, so other than lifting my dog, moving some furniture, and lifting my kids and my laptop, I didn't get any work outs in.

Last night we decided to make up the DL workout, and man did it scare me how far back I have slipped!

I did:

145x3
155x3
155x3
165 (fail 2x), 165 x1, 155x2
After that, I was shot, so I did
125 x3
125x3

My left lower back just was not cooperating at all, and when I got the 165 up it was very jerky going up. I did not lift my rear end, but my back muscles were shaking.

Sad, because I had a PR of 165 on the DL back in late August, and in all this time I haven't made much progress.

Also in the sad news department, I stepped on the scale this morning and it said I weighed 120. I haven't seen that number in a year! I think the problem is that when I stopped doing zone, I stopped watching what I ate at all.

So, new month, new me. Time to hit the work outs and lay off the snickers!

Now if I can just get the germs to stay away and work to stay manageable (oh, and to kick my Snickers habit ), hopefully we can start over and try this all again!

Last edited by Lee Ann McCall : 12-01-2008 at 01:18 PM.